The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Kinugawa Turbo, Heard of Them?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92 GSR-4

Supporting VIP
Nov 1, 2003
Clarksville, Tennessee
I ran into these guys on Ebay, when I was looking for the 14x1.5 banjo fittings for my turbo and didn't want to spend $60 through FP.

Long story short, I got my parts and was impressed with the quality. Has anyone else used these guys? Their parts look legit, and they even have down-firing 16G's. Just looking for a review or info, but so far they have my business.

Here's the link: http://shopping.kinugawaturbo.com/

Posted in this forum because I'm not sure where else to put it.

I have had 2 compressor wheels loose chunks from casting flaws. One was a 60-1 wheel and the other a 20g. The 60-1 exploded violently as soon as the new turbo made 5psi. the 20g lasted about 2 months at 24psi then we turned the boost up to 26psi and it lost a large section off the outer rim.

I have had 2 compressor wheels loose chunks from casting flaws. One was a 60-1 wheel and the other a 20g. The 60-1 exploded violently as soon as the new turbo made 5psi. the 20g lasted about 2 months at 24psi then we turned the boost up to 26psi and it lost a large section off the outer rim.

Bad news:cry:

I always tried staying away from ebay parts. The only thing a got from them was a coupler and thats because I refused to pay 30 from extreme psi.:thumb:

Bad news:cry:

I always tried staying away from ebay parts. The only thing a got from them was a coupler and thats because I refused to pay 30 from extreme psi.:thumb:

I don't shy away from buying parts just because they are on Ebay. Forced Performance turbos are listed on Ebay, does that mean they are trash? But I understand your concern and due to the fact I was just looking for some banjo fittings, I was willing to give it a try and, much to my satisfaction, I received exactly what I need and was superb quality.

Seriously, check these parts out: Kinugawa turbo Online shopping Cart - Turbo oil & water line kit

I don't plan to run their turbos, but they have my business on some of these accessories. Their turbo install kits look good too, with high-quality metal gaskets.

if a turbo has ANY questions about its reliability, i would personally stay away from it. and i do plan on using ebay for some stuff like intake, exhaust and other little things. but a turbo, thats a big purchase. hopefully more people weigh in on this. or google the name

Did anyone look at the website? A 16G from them is over 700. I havnt seen a "ebay" cheap turbo that high. Stop with the Ebay is BS stuff. You can buy a OEM mitsu turbo from ebay as well. If I had the money i would buy one and test it. Everyone knows the 250 dollar 16Gs suck what about a 770?

Those seem like expensive mistakes to me. Their turbos aren't that cheap compared to eBay turbos. Can't speak from first hand experience, but Id take my money elsewhere.

Funny enough, ive seen this thread title on many different Car Forums..US and Euro based.

Edit:ebay is a massive platform.

Im sure many traders also sell their parts not only online,in store etc,but also on ebay to get the biggest possible buying audience.

subscribed.

The only parts that came from them was the compressor and cover kit i used real Garrett and MHI turbines center sections and bearings. I took a shot in the dark trying them out but they just can not hang. And when the wheels broke apart the off balance caused the turbine wheels to break in half on the shaft.

On a side not they covered half the cost of the 60-1 wheel for a replacement and then when the 20g wheel went out the sent me a new one for free. But i still had to cover the replacement turbine wheels and rebuild kits. All in all i have lost money using the kits so i can not endorse them.

Although I'm only at 8lbs,Ive been running a cheap ebay turbo that came with a Godspeed turbo kit.The WG was crap right from the start but so far the turbo has NO shaft play yet after 2 years and over 10,000 miles!

Some people say their turbos last long, and some dont, make it but again, everyone has a choice on what they choose. At 8 pounds sure.

I'm talking about the Kinugawa brand parts, not Godspeed or the other Chinese knock-offs. Based on this product here, KINUGAWA TURBO Mitsubishi EVO1-3 DSM VR4 TD05H 16G , it looks like they are selling genuine MHI turbos. This leads me to believe that their 16/18/20G's with the 3" down-firing compressor cover are probably MHI turbos with their custom cover, so this might actually be pretty neat.

I might buy a few accessories from them, but I'm not in the market for a turbo right now. I'll post any more experiences with them in this thread though.

I'm talking about the Kinugawa brand parts, not Godspeed or the other Chinese knock-offs. Based on this product here, KINUGAWA TURBO Mitsubishi EVO1-3 DSM VR4 TD05H 16G , it looks like they are selling genuine MHI turbos. This leads me to believe that their 16/18/20G's with the 3" down-firing compressor cover are probably MHI turbos with their custom cover, so this might actually be pretty neat.

I might buy a few accessories from them, but I'm not in the market for a turbo right now. I'll post any more experiences with them in this thread though.
the pic has MHI Evo 3 serial numbers.

NO they are not MHI parts! I have used them and the quality is not that good. I would by the covers any day they work just fine as a non-moving part. But any wheels bearings ect stay away.

Then someone should be sueing if thats the case. It has pics of a REAL MHI Evo 3 with Serial number and all.
-shane

I don't shy away from buying parts just because they are on Ebay. Forced Performance turbos are listed on Ebay, does that mean they are trash? But I understand your concern and due to the fact I was just looking for some banjo fittings, I was willing to give it a try and, much to my satisfaction, I received exactly what I need and was superb quality.

Seriously, check these parts out: Kinugawa turbo Online shopping Cart - Turbo oil & water line kit

I don't plan to run their turbos, but they have my business on some of these accessories. Their turbo install kits look good too, with high-quality metal gaskets.

So would you suggest running there 1g oil return lines?

Turbo Oil Feed Line DSM Eclipse 1g 2G TD05H 14B 16g Turbo to Oil Filter | eBay

1g 2G DSM Eclipse 4g63 Stainless Turbo Oil Feed Line 16g 20g Head Location | eBay

Ive ran alot of their turbo accessories and never had a problem. I did buy their oil return line for a 16g and it ended up being like 18" long when I only needed like 6" end to end. The oil feed line from the ofh was great though and havent had one issue

First link looks promising (because of the restricted appearing fitting). Honestly its hard to mess up hoses.

All my hose parts (mostly PTFE/Teflon) don't leak, and are some eBay no name brand, although they are "made in the USA"... but still no leaks. I use them for meth, oil, coolant. Soon gasoline (because I'm tired of my gas lines permeating fuel odor out of them even though they don't leak), but based on my experience so far, I'm pretty optimistic.

I personally have only run their 16mm to 6an adapter from the water pipe to the turbo coolant feed. Works fine, seals perfect on both ends. There is a billet 20g wheel thread on here that seems to support the same brand for compressor wheels also, mostly hearsay though not too many numerical facts, but still...

From my experience the hoses I have built from such no name parts are perfectly fine (leak free, pretty, etc...) have performed better than pre-made (crimped) hoses branded FPS (fragola). And at a slightly lower price point.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back