The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Kind of a weird one. Clutch pedal low.. but read on

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hahaha, I didn't see any in the first pic, but spy 2 on the shelf (and maybe one in a box??) in the second pic. Boy the tool box has grown!!
That pedal didn't really look abnormal but pictures are not like looking at it and knowing, that's just not right. Maybe he bent the FIREWALL too, :p ???

There's 4 turbos. one on the engine to the left.. 2 on the shelf.. and then theres a turbo 400 next to the lq9 on the stand.. and a 700r4 behind it. LOL

Ok Mr. Sneeky. I spied the ones on the shelf, TURBO 400....ok ok you got me. You should mount one of the turbo's to the air compressor, it will build boost a lot faster!!!!! :p

When you bled the system did you just pump the clutch to bleed it or did you use a vacuum puller tool? Im just asking because I couldnt for the life of me get my clutch to work properly after changing master and slave without getting one of those vacuum puller deals.

You have 2 spares it looks like, get busy man!!! LOL

When you bled the system did you just pump the clutch to bleed it or did you use a vacuum puller tool? Im just asking because I couldnt for the life of me get my clutch to work properly after changing master and slave without getting one of those vacuum puller deals.
Those do work well. I used a 12v liquid transfer pump to bleed my V45 Magna clutch. I pumped and pumped that lever and could barely get a spit out of the bleeder so I hooked my pump to the bleeder and turned it on and watched the bubbles come thru some clear aquarium tubing, all the time feeding the master with fluid. I am about to do this on my sons 97 Talon with Brembo's that seem to be hard to get all of the air out of.

I have a speed bleeder on it and I vacuum bled it.. Idk I'm quite frustrated about this.. I honestly would of rather it been the clutch/transmission.. at least that's easy.. (with the lift) but having to be crammed under the dash trying to pull the pedal assembly.. ugh. damn nightmare.

You need some skinny old guy to help, don't you? I sure wish we lived closer, I'd scratch your back and I'd let you scratch mine!
4 bolts will get the seat out of your way if that is any consolation.

Getting the seat unbolted isn't the problem.. it's whether or not I can physically get the seat out. I might be 28 but my body is destroyed, same reason I don't like the idea of doing the pedal assembly, I've had too many concussions, I've lost consciousness underneath the car before and no. @Vegas smith I'm not a football player. LOL

Yeah move to NY. where the taxes are high and the houses are expensive and the minimum wage is about the same.. yeah I can't remember why I haven't moved to NC yet. LOL. Oh yeah. Hurricanes and flooding. I like my winters better than lots of water.

Update!! @bastarddsm

Finally found some time to pull the pedal assembly.. only took about 45 minutes.. It wasn't as bad as I remembered it being.

Step one!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Step two!

Step three!

Nah seriously.. got the assembly out.. and found a small crack around the weld.. but it doesn't appear to be all the way through.. I'm sure it's enough to cause my low pedal.

Ah it's a bit blurry. theres a hairline crack around the bolt itself.. but it doesn't go all the way.

Did I weld this for you? I do them a bit different and they hold up well. I'm running an ACT2900 with a .7" master. That makes for a much heavier pedal than a stock master. Been holding up well. I have also been doing a needle roller bearing conversion to replace the bushings. The labor is huge to get it done though.

No you didn't weld it.. A local guy that builds race car tube chassis did it in about 10 minutes, he couldn't get all the way around because of the location of the bracket. (Or he didn't care too much since he only charged me 20 bucks) I'm actually switching off the ACT 2600 this winter so I think I'm gonna try welding it myself just to hold me over.. It's only gotta hold the 2600 pressure plate til November, then it'll be a south bend clutch setup.

@bastarddsm for the good ole poops and giggles I pulled the dust cover off the clutch fork and.. pieces came out.

Looks like I'm pulling the transmission anyway.

Well.. got the trans out. TOB looks to have exploded.. my best guess is - clutch pedal sank to the floor. in an attempt to seal the leak and use line pliers I bent/cracked the weld on the clutch pedal assembly. Got car to work, noticed that due to the difference in the clutch pedal height from me cracking the weld I overadjusted the TOB and forced it to make constant contact with the PP which.. maybe? caused it to explode.

Not honestly sure.. but pictures for you guys. FWIW if I was president I'd put a lift in every DSMers garage.. it saves my bacon, without it I can't do the work I do.

Oh and everyone that owns a yugo. you know why they put defrost on the back window of yugos? to keep your hands warm while you're pushing it.

Attachments

• IMG_20171004_184505.jpg
    IMG_20171004_184505.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20171007_172006.jpg
    IMG_20171007_172006.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_20171007_194434.jpg
    IMG_20171007_194434.jpg
    409.4 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20171007_194440.jpg
    IMG_20171007_194440.jpg
    248.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20171007_194445.jpg
    IMG_20171007_194445.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20171007_194449.jpg
    IMG_20171007_194449.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20171007_194700.jpg
    IMG_20171007_194700.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 33
My comp clutch fork tips are goobered up. yeah something happened in there and I've got a feeling it was user error

Take ya up on the lift anytime man so I can get the Red Monster back up and goin again, kickin muscle ass!
You really had a bad deal there man, anything can happen with a DSM. She'll be goin again real soon!!!

Hahaha.. you wanna know the best part? I had a built transmission and transfer case sitting in the corner waiting for a situation like this. I just pulled it out and separated the xcase from the trans and the output shaft fell out of the trans. (I thought it was weird they bolted them together)

soo........... f*************k

The output shaft falling out isnt that big of a deal, come guys set them up like that intentional.

@1990TSIAWDTALON crisis averted! I looked it up and Tim Zimmer actually did a walkthrough for a guy a few years ago on the same problem. I was just missing a ball bearing.. which ironically the ones that came out of my blown up throw out bearing were the same size as what I needed.

Funny how that works! took about 20 minutes and a big 2 jaw puller but the "fresh" trans is back together and I'm waiting for the RTV to set before reinstallation

Ok I'm gonna grab my RTV and go fix mine too.....
Really really glad it was not a catastophy!!!:thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back