The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Kiggly plate touching

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jdevil187

Proven Member
Aug 3, 2014
Houston, Texas
yesterday I was getting ready to bolt up the torque converter to the flexplate when I realized I couldn't Turn the crank, I pulled the trans back out and found the flexplate tight against the oil pan. Looks like a simple fix, trim the oil pan and be done with it, but I figured I ask just to be sure I'm not doing something wrong.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You have the plate on backwards perhaps :aha::banghead:

No you have the plate on correct. I have the kiggly plate (6 bolt in a 2g) and I had to grind the oil pan flange back in order to clear. It wont hurt anything and you don't have to take a lot off. Be sure to use some locktite on those bolts when reinstalling!

No you have the plate on correct. I have the kiggly plate (6 bolt in a 2g) and I had to grind the oil pan flange back in order to clear. It wont hurt anything and you don't have to take a lot off.

That's what I was thinking, it just sucks it don't fit correctly, I bought a new oem oil pan and I wasn't expecting any cutting. I'm just wondering why! On my bro's car we dditn grind anything at all

Spacer plate on between the flex plate and crank??

According to Kiggly, you don't put the spacer between the flexplate and the crank.

Attachments

• Kiggly Racing Flexplate Install.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
Mine didn't have 2 on the stock trans, now this is getting weird

Juan just trim the pan and run it. I am running mine this way and have had zero issues with it. Kiggly even says the outer spacer is optional but I choose to run that one.

^^^ No more wondering then. If I could have got ahold of my son he would have told me how his is. Good deal, just trim it.

Trying to figure it out with you......if its just a small amount of pan trimming then I guess that is the solution. I know when my son put his together he talked with Kiggly about the spacer and I can't remember if they said it wouldn't hurt anything or if it would put the converter to far into the front pump, which, unless it is bottoming out wouldn't be a bad thing.

Duplicate post. Sorry

I ended up just beating the oil pan lip in a little bet and it worked just fine.

Thank you guys for the help!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back