The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Kiggly Mod Walk Through (No TCU)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This is an explanation of what you need and how to wire in an automatic transmission using a manual harness. If you have an automatic harness, you will have the plugs required so you can skip that step. This tutorial is after you obtain the parts for the auto swap and now all you have to do is wire the transmission. Here we go:

First you will need to locate the Neutral Safety Switch(NSS) plug and the plug that connects to the solenoids from an automatic harness. Try to get six inches or so of wire off the connector, this will help with upcoming wiring. Here is a picture of each connector:

Overview of connector locations on the transmission:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Neutral Safety Switch(NSS) Plug:

Solenoid Plug:

You will want to swap the orange and gray wire in the plug so the orange will go to orange and gray will go to yellow if you look at the Kiggly Diagram. What I mean by that is when you plug the wire in, you want to be sure the wires are going to the correct solenoid. When you swap these two wires, the orange in the plug will line up with the orange in the solenoid connector and the gray in the plug will line up with the yellow in the solenoid connector. Be sure you wire it like the Kiggly diagram but the gray wire simulates the yellow wire. Here is a picture of what I mean:

After you do this, the wiring diagram will line up easier with the kiggly wiring diagram but this step is not required.

Now on to the wiring. First I will post a picture of the kingly wiring diagram. This diagram is for the 1G but it is very close to the 2G.

Kiggly diagram:

Here is the color coding for the 2G:
1.big red. blue stripe –Positive/red reverse light wire
2.big black. white stripe – Negative/black reverse light wire
3.yellow. red stripe -goes to solenoids, attached like the 1g diagram shows
4.yellow - goes to solenoids attached like the 1g diagram shows
5.yellow. black stripe - goes to solenoids attached like the 1g diagram shows
6.white. black stripe - not needed
7.red. blue stripe - not needed
8.blue. red stripe - 12v power wire needed
9.black. yellow stripe - not needed
10.black – Starter Signal From Key
11.black. red stripe – Starter Signal To Starter
Since the manual transmission has a plug for the reverse lights, you need to cut the connector off to attached the in to the NSS. The plug will have two wires, a black/white wire and a red/blue wire. I believe if you mix the two up when attaching them in to the NSS they should still work. Inside the NSS acts as a “bridge” and connects the two wires when you put the transmission in reverse.
Make sure the silver stripe on the end of the diode is facing towards the solenoid plug. The yellow wires are going to be run to the switch in the car, I put extra wire on there so I could finish shrink wrapping the diodes.

Now run the wires inside the car and hook up to a switch for OD. Hook the remaining three wires up (12v Power, Ground, and wire to starter solenoid). Hook up your ratchet shifter and you're ready to rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back