The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Kick panel fuse box removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My radio kept cutting in and out. I didn’t see any write ups about this. Noticed it was fuse contact related. Wiggles the fuse and radio would cut in and out. To tackle this, you’ll need to be on your back under the steering wheel and be patient.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Previous owner must have had the fuse in and out a billion times.

Begin by disconnecting all the connectors on the front side of the block.

The yellow connector on the top is a pain to remove with the block secure so remove it when you remove the block. Also when reinstalling, connect that same connector before you secure the block.

Now that everything is off the front except for the yellow connector, time to remove the block. Remove the. 10mm bolt at the bottom and slide it off the bolt. Now it’s only secured by a tab on top that slides onto an aluminum tab.

Time to disconnect all the connectors on the backside and the block is free to remove completely.

Now to take the block apart. Take a picture of the front so you know where everything goes.

Remove all the fuses and relays. Insert small flat head screw drivers and wedge them by the tabs.

Take another small flat head and gently remove the cover.

Be gentle when preying them apart. I did bent a couple of tabs. Pry the black cover from the white. You might get overwhelmed at this point but the metal peices can only go on a certain way.

Fix what you have to. I could have honestly just shoved foil in there like I did from the begin but I wanted to see if there was another other way to fix it.

Anyhoo. Below is how to reassemble.

Place all the metal peices onto the white side.

Secure them so they’re flush and not touching one another or else you might start a fire. Then mate the two and again be gentle. Can’t stress that enough. It’s all about lining them up. If you’re having trouble, you probably have a bent tab.

This peice goes on last.

Now the cover for the back side. Again straight pins and be gentle. It should slide in without force.

Now just install back in the car in reverse order. Backside connectors and starting from the top. Before securing the tab on top, make sure to install the yellow connector on the front side.

Hope this helps someone.

Attachments

• 71EAEA04-6025-4707-A8B9-524B550C254A.jpeg
    71EAEA04-6025-4707-A8B9-524B550C254A.jpeg
    348.7 KB · Views: 139
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back