The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Just bought GST, Question about eBay intake

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JJ_Is_Edge

Probationary Member
Nov 24, 2015
Saugus, Massachusetts
Hey guys!

Little background: I've had a 3g Eclipse Spyder 2.4l about a year, and while it is a fun car to drive in the summer, I figured money would be better spent on a good sound system than anything performance-wise.

I recently bought a 1998 Eclipse Spyder GST 2.0l. It was super cheap and has a few mods. They are as follows:

Evo iii turbo
K&N Type Cold Air Intake with hard metal tubing
Greddy Type RS (pretty sure it is a knock off) BOV with recirculating fitting
3" Cat Back Exhaust

GOAL: This car will be a daily driver. I just want to have a fun car, maybe 250-300 HP MAX that is reliable, comfortable, and moderately fast. I'm not looking to drag or beat any world records, just have some fun. I was a mechanic professionally for 5 years before going back to school for a different career, so I know my way around cars. Eventually, I'm going to put the head on a 2.4 block, maybe a year down the road. For now, I'm looking for basic/moderate upgrades.

Questions:

I was looking at this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Evo-1-2-3-R...ash=item51d230f7bc:g:DFoAAOSwDNdV3pQE&vxp=mtr

Mainly because I was going to to the 1g throttle body swap, however, I figured this looked pretty good. I did a lot of research and from what I can see eBay intakes are not really a good choice (for obvious reasons.) However, the feedback looks decent so I thought it might be worth a shot. Can anyone confirm or deny this intake/tb kit as being a complete waste?

Also, I eventually wanted to put a bigger fuel pump, bigger injectors, and do the MAFT upgrade. Would that be a good combination with the above intake/tb (provided it actually is worth buying?

Thanks in advance!

Well I will say the same thing I was told in the beginning. Your stock IM will flow for more then what your looking for esp if you only want 300hp. That 250 bucks can go for a fuel pump, rewire kit, and a FPR(all this is more $ but smarter IMO). But you really should thibk about getting dsm link first. Followed immediately by maintenance. All MAINTENANCE make sure your running a healthy motor then think about your fuel as you can accommodate for it then. :hellyeah:

It's your money I say spend it wisely but it's up to you. I personally would stay far away from Ebay:nono:. Any vendor on here is 100% better in every way . :thumb:

Best of luck to you and happy modding:dsm:

I'd think you should already be at your 250-300hp with the EVO iii & parts you listed.

I would stay away and spend your money elsewhere. Also you don't need it to run the 1g tb. All you do is gasket match the intake and your all set. You can even do on the car if your carful. I've done all mine that way ;) Get some tuning software and supporting mods for the evo3 and you'll have what you want!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back