The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Jeff Bush Transmission Pan Feedback

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnytsi

20+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
Everett, Washington
As the first customer for his new transmission pan, Jeff offered to do an install for me, as he wanted to do some capacity measurements.

So on my way south for the Woodburn IFO event, I stopped in at ER and we drained the new fluid out of my trans and did the install.

Fit and finish is excellent on the part, the flange is nice and thick and very flat.

After the install, we put my fluid back in and had to add a full 2 extra quarts of the ol' Hy-Gard.

I was already running the larger 2g style pan on my 1g auto, so for those using the 1g style pan, you will see even more of an improvement in capacity. I'm not logging trans temp so don't have any good data other than a quick glance at my gauge after a run, I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere in the neighborhood of an 18-20 degree drop in temp.

We never used any type of sealant on the included gasket, and after running a bunch of mid-to-low 9 second passes at IFO - not a hint of a leak.

nice part!

John-

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is awesome, did you get any picks of the inside? How did it work out with the magnets that are normally.inside?

The magnets are replaced by a magnetic drain plug which is in the general location that the oem magnets were stuck to the pan.

John-

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back