The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Jay racing alternator install with correction

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had purchased a jay racing alternator relocation kit and had the same issue as several others had with theirs. after emailing several people and addressing this in another thread i figured I would put it here as well.

follow the instructions for how to install it. ill show the extra steps i needed to take.

here is the bracket that needs to be ground down. i did mine with a die grinder inside the car. I held a vaccume right next to the bracket to minimize metal shavings.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

now here is where i had to make the correction. they give you 1 or 2 spacers with the kit and neither of them would line up properly and I was out of the correct size pipe to make a new spacer so i used the poor mans method of adjusting the alignment

once i did the realignment of the alternator on the mounting bracket I had the belt aligned properly.

after that it is just a matter of extending the wires and reinstalling the plugs that connect to the alternator itself.

I dont know if the spacers were just cut improperly or are just not the correct size but a few people had the same issue so i figured I would post up an easy fix so your not stuck.

Attachments

• 2012-06-27_10-27-05_588.jpg
    2012-06-27_10-27-05_588.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 756
  • 2012-06-27_11-24-07_223.jpg
    2012-06-27_11-24-07_223.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 523
  • 2012-06-27_11-24-41_688.jpg
    2012-06-27_11-24-41_688.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 425
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back