The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Jamaica-based 2G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sonder Klasse

Probationary Member
May 5, 2015
Jamaica, South_America
Hi, greetings everyone! My name is Xavier (like Dr. Xavier form X-men) from Jamaica.
This is my 2G. I have only just had it handed over to me from my Aunt who has had it for as long as I can remember, but has hardly driven it. It's been parked for 2 1/2 years, to date.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I have joined this forum to, not only be a part of the family, but also to seek help and information from the 2G Yodas out there!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The plan is to get it running as a daily driver.

Immediate Plans are:
- Clean up, both interior and exterior.
- Full maintenance and service.
Later Plans:
- OEM front bumper, side skirts and tail lights (have to do some research on this as I live in the Caribbean, so shipping them here is a huge PITA).
- Remove Magnaflow "fart cannon".

Current Problems:
- A belt got shredded when I fired it up last time. I figure it's because it has been parked for such a long time, the belts have dried and cracked. This makes me worry about the timing belt also. I would like to source a belt kit for the 420a (if that exists). If there is such a thing - belt kit for the 420a - would someone be kind enough to direct me on how to purchase that? Thank you.

Current Modifications:
- AEM CAI w/ K&N filter. This will stay.
- Magnaflow Performance Exhaust Pan. Will be removed and sold to fund purchase of something quieter.
- 17" Konig Rims, I care nothing about so I don't know the specs. Keen on finding a set of EVO VIII 17" wheels to replace these.
- The "body-kit", which I can tolerate some days but hate on others. This will go, but only if I can find, purchase and have shipped, a set of OEM side skirts and an OEM bumper.
- The awful tail lights, on the other hand, I hate. Even more on a daily basis. these will go, if I can have a set of OEM ones. If not, I'll open them up and spray the inner shrouding (or whatever) in black and then the lens in that transparent red candy paint type deal.

Other Miscellaneous Things I Need:
- Driver's side, rear mud flap/guard. Just might remove the right one and see if I like deleting things.
- Passenger side door pull. I need that more than want.
- Trunk shocks. They died some time ago.

Thanks for looking. I need your opinion and assistance.

Last edited:
Good and you agree with most people's tastes on this site . Everyone dispises body kits unless they're functional. In which case, we love them!

I'm mostly on vendor sites that cater to the 4G63 , but I'm sure you'll be able to find a kit for timing belt... Which will consist of a new belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, probably new bolts for those things. Evo 8 rims are pretty solid, also run them on my street tire.

Best thing would be to download and install Mitsubishi ASA (Aftermarket Sales Support) and you can get all the part numbers you'll ever need!!

I wouldn't worry about performance mods if this is a daily driver, real power isn't made until you go turbo. For that, an engine build is required.

Immediate Plans are:
- OEM front bumper, side skirts and tail lights (have to do some research on this as I live in the Caribbean, so shipping them here is a huge PITA).

Welcome and yes, that's the first thing I would do too. Otherwise, seems like a solid car. Good luck with your parts, where there's a will, there's a way.

Welcome,
If you want to keep the car then yes body kit off, tails either tinted how you said or OEM. And keep up the maint. What I would do...sell the car the way it is and save up for a Gsx or Gst if you like eclipses. I am sure you can sell it to some kid that thinks its a fast and furious car, then save up 2 more g's and go shopping for a 4g63 2g eclipse.

Good and you agree with most people's tastes on this site . Everyone dispises body kits unless they're functional. In which case, we love them!

I'm mostly on vendor sites that cater to the 4G63 , but I'm sure you'll be able to find a kit for timing belt... Which will consist of a new belt, idler pulley, tensioner pulley, probably new bolts for those things. Evo 8 rims are pretty solid, also run them on my street tire.

Best thing would be to download and install Mitsubishi ASA (Aftermarket Sales Support) and you can get all the part numbers you'll ever need!!

Thanks for the information bro!

I wouldn't worry about performance mods if this is a daily driver, real power isn't made until you go turbo. For that, an engine build is required.

Honestly just want it running healthy, as there aren't many of them around these parts.

Welcome and yes, that's the first thing I would do too. Otherwise, seems like a solid car. Good luck with your parts, where there's a will, there's a way.

Already looking for ways to get stuff into the country! Thanks bro!

Welcome,
If you want to keep the car then yes body kit off, tails either tinted how you said or OEM. And keep up the maint. What I would do...sell the car the way it is and save up for a Gsx or Gst if you like eclipses. I am sure you can sell it to some kid that thinks its a fast and furious car, then save up 2 more g's and go shopping for a 4g63 2g eclipse.

Well, I would do that if they were as common as they are in the US. I think I have only ever seen 3 others in the island. And none of which are as unmolested as this here. I just want to get it as close to OE as possible and then do tasteful mods.

Got it, then yes try to get it as close as OE as possible but stay away from rice mods as it will ruin a nice N/A eclipse. Perhaps not a fart can on the back, fresh paint, lowered, nice wheels and the rest mostly stock would make a great interesting car i say.
Well, I would do that if they were as common as they are in the US. I think I have only ever seen 3 others in the island. And none of which are as unmolested as this here. I just want to get it as close to OE as possible and then do tasteful mods.

Got it, then yes try to get it as close as OE as possible but stay away from rice mods as it will ruin a nice N/A eclipse. Perhaps not a fart can on the back, fresh paint, lowered, nice wheels and the rest mostly stock would make a great interesting car i say.
My sentiments exactly. Just want a clean turn-key ride. Really appreciate the support.

This car has been sold. New owner is very happy with his new acquisition. Thanks guys!

Welcome aboard!:dsm::thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back