The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Jake Montgomery's Evil_Eagle Top Mount T4

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

were you the fastest dsm at the race? sucks to hear about the turbo and headgasket

Well I guess technically I was since Bush killed his transmission and Trevor's starter died on him before 1st round of eliminations. Neither of them got passes in, they both had troubles during qualifying and could not make a full pass. Definitely wasn't a good day for them. I was #2 qualifier and #1 was locash's low 8 second integra, but he broke his transmission in the water box 1st round eliminations. I managed to keep my bucket of bolts together to go rounds, surprisingly LOL.ROFL

The head gasket was my fault, I didn't stall test it on the dry shot after I swapped turbos on the car before I went to vegas. I didn't think the stall tune up on the dry shot would have changed much, but I was wrong, dead wrong LOL. I stall tested it when I got to the track to make sure everything was good and ready, well...It went retarded lean in the pits when I stall tested it with the nitrous and within .8 tenths of a second it was on 15lbs of boost and 4700rpm 2step, but was stupid lean at 15.3 A/F while spraying the nitrous and ended up hurting the head gasket in the process:banghead: It happened so fast it didn't give me a chance to get off the throttle and the damage was already done. Live and learn.:ohdamn:

What gasket were you using anyway? It wasn't on your list of "important parts". Lol.

I know the gasket type you have doesn't matter cause it wasn't the gaskets fault. Just wondering what it was though. I'm gonna go with a felpro mls personally.

What gasket were you using anyway? It wasn't on your list of "important parts". Lol.

I know the gasket type you have doesn't matter cause it wasn't the gaskets fault. Just wondering what it was though. I'm gonna go with a felpro mls personally.

It was a felpro mls. I'm going to go back to using the HKS stopper gasket. I had better luck with that one, but it's a bit more expensive then the felpro.

Time to start saving up for a trip to Ohio for the shootout.

Still my all time favorite DSM. Keep up the good work brotha. Hope to see ya out in CA again one of these days.

I don't know if you mentioned this already but what converter are you using?

I must agree!! Awesome car, watching for updates!!
Mark

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back