The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Jacking points

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btrain1

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2012
muskogee, Oklahoma
I swear I am not stupid just kinda new to cars/DSMs. I need to know where to put a floor jack to jack up the front end safely. It looks like there is a place on the underside where the front fender begins that might be the place, but I am looking for somewhere near the front end. Appreciate the information.

Thank you all of the people on this site are really helpful. I don't mean to ask dumb questions just this is the first car Ive ever had to work on and I really am loving every second of it. Some things show their age on this thing though. I am replacing the bumper and like 60% of the bolts broke off. Then the 4 14mmish bolts are a PITA to get off [Ive got the 2 DS ones]. Then I noticed some minor rust that needs to be sanded, treated and primed. Car runs good though just I havent drove it much was it to be 100% while I still have a few k to drop and want to learn.

Actually I bought some Spyder Projector headlights because my OEM ones are all ate up, and thats what began my adventure into bumper removal and DSM repair. The goddamn things didnt come with instructions though so I guess Ill just have to miracle them on.. . =P

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't the jacking points listed in your manual? Honest question, I thought they were in there...

On a turbo there is a spot on the cross member running longitudinally under the engine for a jack. I'd imagine it's basically the same thing for the 420a engine in your car.

i always go right behind the fender wheels, where the stock stair jack goes

I didnt read anywhere that he owned a manual, but my Haynes manual was a great investment and I recommend it!

My dad origonally bought it for the 96 N/T Eclipse I got. Came in handy since I knew literally nothing about cars.

Later came to realize that AWD Turbos are a lot of fun to drive, picked up my Talon and now that same manual gets more use than ever! Good Luck.

I'm glad someone asked this, I was kind of wary on where to actually raise the car from. I do have a question though. In the diagram, it shows thats it is okay to jack an AWD car from the rear diff. Is that okay? It won't cause any stress or anything harmful to the differential?

I'm glad someone asked this, I was kind of wary on where to actually raise the car from. I do have a question though. In the diagram, it shows thats it is okay to jack an AWD car from the rear diff. Is that okay? It won't cause any stress or anything harmful to the differential?

Thats where I have always jacked mine up from and have had no effects on the diff. It shouldn't hurt it at all unless you have like 5k lbs in your trunk.

When I use the floor jack I use a jackpoint right near the stock stair jacking point so i can put jackstands where the stair jacking points go. So probably about 5 to 7 inches to the right (if you're looking at your vehicle from the drivers door) of the jack point. you'll see the photo below.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a place under the front end. Like this big metal piece. I don't know if it's on the N/A's though.

Sure narrows it down :rolleyes:

I use the pinch welds, but if I don't know where the jack points are you can usually find them easily. I like to knock on flat metal objects parallel to the ground. Usually there's a few places that are super solid chunks of steel, anything like that would do just fine.

EDIT: Your oil pan is not a jack point, ####ing hate when I see mechanics doing this shit.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back