The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

ISC Adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I see. Well I decided it was time to go speed density so why not get v3 and have ecmtuning take care of it all. When its all said and done i will have a new ecu. Mind as well get it done right. But for now, I will be walking to work. I post up pictures when i get it back.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

$30 repair bill. Not bad at all. Got it back really fast too. These guys rock. Now if I can only figure out my idle surge while in speed density.. One thing after another. I'll be testing the isc to see if it goes in and out. Also throwing in stock injectors and a buddies throttle body to see if either one of those cures my problem.

First of all, when your in BISS adjustment mode the ISC only moves to it's default position and stays there. Once you leave BISS adjustment mode it should rehome (step in and out) when you power up the ECU like in the video below and track throttle position while driving. It's not going to be at 30 steps except perhaps at warm idle with the all the adjustment modes turned off.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="
"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I've seen "BISS adjustment mode" quite a few times on different posts. What exactly is BISS adjustment mode? I'm having the exact same issue and even purchased a new ISC which didn't help.

Ive set the iac manually using the biss screw on a 2g. Its like tuning a carburetor balancing the throttle stop screw and the biss screw.

Only thing that changes when adjusting the BISS is the idle. ISC does not budge.

What are you trying to accomplish? Is the car idling high or low, what makes you want to check its functionality.

Getting the base tune correct so I can start tuning cruise and WOT. It does idle higher than what's set in link.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back