Is this normal? Radiator/hoses SO HOT!!

Posted by AlexBlaster, Jul 30, 2004
Newbie Forum - Beginner DSM modification questions and discussions. Common, repetitive, and general discussions will get dumped here from other tech forums. Unless you're a Probationary member you shouldn't post threads here.

1. AlexBlaster

AlexBlaster Proven Member

Chicago, IL, Illinois
    Alright, so i realize engine coolant, when fully warmed up is hot to touch even to begin with. But is it normal for the radiator to be too hot to touch as well?

My engine temp guage seems to work, starts out cold and settles halfway when car is warmed. But could there be something wrong with it?

When i got home, I didn't exactly think things through and after 20 minutes of spirited driving, I pulled the car inot my garage, killed the engine, popped the hood and proceeded to unscrew the radiator cap. At this point, coolant spewed out and had it not been for the rag i used to unscrew the cap, my hand would be freakin' burned all over.

Is there suppose to be so much pressure in the coolant hoses? Am I just paranoid?

Also, check engine light came up recently, but I have not modded the car at all and have driven it around with no CEL's.

Thanks in advance,
    alex

2. 92awddsm

92awddsm DSM Wiseman

DSM Profiles:
    Chesterfield, Virginia

Yes, you are just paranoid. I think it is time for you to quit smoking weed or whatever you do. The coolant is somewhere around 195-210 degrees so what would make you think the coolant hoses or radiator would be cool?