The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Is this FMIC done for?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rough

Proven Member
Nov 12, 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana
On my off road excursion I some how pushed the intercooler's bottom up a whole fin row. I've yet to do a BLT, but by the looks, is this toast? Can't drive it yet to see if the car's boosting correctly yet.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well not too bad but If you can replace it go for it they aren't too bad or drive the car and then see or check for leaks.

I had this Supra SMIC on my car and it got damaged (see photo) when I bottomed out the car. I pressure tested it and it actually still held air.

Just pressure test your FMIC. I'd try and straighten it out though. Looks a little ghetto, unless you're going for the Mad Max look :p

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 150
blt it thats how you know if its bad my greddy was way worse than that and held boost all day long and when i say way worse i mean way a tow company drug the car on their flatbed when the balljoint was bad so it was already almost on the ground so it was tore up looking with no leaks so i ran it[DOUBLEPOST=1414778148][/DOUBLEPOST]
I had this Supra SMIC on my car and it got damaged (see photo) when I bottomed out the car. I pressure tested it and it actually still held air.

Just pressure test your FMIC. I'd try and straighten it out though. Looks a little ghetto, unless you're going for the Mad Max look :p

LOL at that smic that is crazy how bad that looks

WOW poor SMIC! I wouldn't even of asked if mine was like that! And it held boost??? that's crazy awesome construction and welds!

I feel better after seeing that smic :D

I feel confident that a blt will now go in my favor after getting some feedback!
If it doesn't leak I'll leave it on for winter, if it does leak then I have no choice but to replace it!

My ebay intercooler came like that out the box. Haven't had any leaks since I put it on 5 years ago. You do have what looks like a crack in the bottom row in the middle though. Definately leak test it. If it was only crushed up like that I wouldn't worry about it.

Just a post back, did a blt to 20psi, held strong. 2 months later it's safe to say, what jim said "takes a lickin, keeps on ticking"

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back