The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

1G Is this an EVO 3 Exhaust Manifold or 2G?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4gfun

Supporting VIP
Dec 10, 2007
Ask Me, Virginia
Might have posted this before but can't find it.

I already have a few 2g exhaust manifolds laying around but wanted to port this one out and upgrade. If it's not, then it still saves me from wasting time.

Fine either way. I just have a hard time telling which is which. Never have been able to do it and seems like most of us struggle with the small differences.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks.

Anyone? It seems that I was convinced this was an EVO 3 Exhaust manifold in the past but not sure why I was convinced.

It helps, but I have the same sinking feeling the OP had when they stated:

"I looked at about 89723489723489723894782347 pictures of side by side at SBR, RRE, MACHV.... etc etc.... But that doesn't help at all."

It's even worse now that half of those pictures are even available over time.

I took a measurement of the opening...as high as I could get up towards the mating surface (also ignoring the inner step/or molded in ring/reduction) with my dial calipers. The measurement was 59.17 mm....so I guess it HAS to be an EVO 3?

How could you tell just by looking at it. I still don't get it, LOL.

BTW - Unmolested weight is 11 lb. 12.2 oz.

Last edited:
That would be really cool. I think the 59.xx mm measurement proves it is an E3 but I'd still like to see those small differences. If anyone can tell, it would be someone with your skills!

BTW - My hogged out 2g EM weighed in at 11lbs, 10 oz. So I am guessing the weight is identical. I probably just removed 2 oz of weight when doing the porting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back