The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

AEM Is this a decent timing map?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlucas05

15+ Year Contributor
Jan 18, 2006
columbia, South_Carolina
Hey folks,

I have a built 2.0 6 bolt with an fp red on 93/meth above 16psi, how does this timing map look? Is it a conservative map or aggressive?

thank you
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I'm trying to figure out how to log knock in aem, it was the tune that was already on the car. From what I was reading 16-18° is pretty conservative up top, is that right?

I'm trying to figure out how to log knock in aem, it was the tune that was already on the car. From what I was reading 16-18° is pretty conservative up top, is that right?

everything varies between each setup, but i would say boost only pump gas usually around 12-14 * up top. meth can get you 1-2 more. cruising you want to be around 33-35.

my numbers are based off a 16g and hx35 cars ive tuned, your red would probabaly require less timing if you were to turn the boost up higher

1. everything varies between each setup, but i would say boost only pump gas usually around 12-14 * up top. meth can get you 1-2 more. cruising you want to be around 33-35.

my numbers are based off a 16g and hx35 cars ive tuned, your red would probabaly require less timing if you were to turn the boost up higher
Thank you, that is good to know. I think I have figured out how to log knock, once the weather here clears up(I'm in Columbia, SC and we're having widespread flooding) I'll try and log some pulls.

Thank you, that is good to know. I think I have figured out how to log knock, once the weather here clears up(I'm in Columbia, SC and we're having widespread flooding) I'll try and log some pulls.

Im up the road in Wilmingotn NC. Your area is getting hammered!! look at your plugs often if you are unsure. good luck!

It has been crazy!! I've never seen anything like this in my life, my wife and I have been very fortunate to live where we are. If you go 5 minutes in any direction it's really bad! Thank you sir I sure will, I am looking to do a remote tune on the car, but I've been out of the DSM game for a while now. I was thinking about TSComp, I don't see where many DSM folks use him though, but he has rave reviews from any and everyone that I've read had tune their car! The car has no IACV which I am planning to put one in, and on cold start idles very inconsistent.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back