The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Is this 1,100 Turbo Upgrade Worth It?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

if it were my car and I was getting a bigger turbo and wanted to make 400+ I would get the hx35 and the bolt on housing.

400awhp on pump plus meth is VERY doable on the tdO5H 20g. Stick with the 20g and make it happen.

Terrible wheel/housing combination. I'd rather see a HX40 turbine wheel with a HX35 compressor....at least you'll know you aren't going to hit an airflow wall.

Plenty of good pump gas turbos out there. The HY35's been over 500 on pump gas but requires a T3 manifold and custom o2 housing....but when you only spend $250 on the turbo, it allows a lot of room for additional mods like that. ;)

You can't think quick-spooling/big-power/pump gas. One of those three things are going to have to go in order to reach your goal. You can have a quick-spooling pump gas turbo, but it won't make big power. You can have a big-power pump gas turbo, but it won't spool fast. You can have a quick-spooling big-power turbo but you're not going to run 93. Comprendō? :D

My 3076 hta spools fast and makes great power on pump :p, downside... COST LOL.

Yeah you will easy, and I'm talking a 05H 20G. 400 to the wheels really isn't all that much, your only going to go 120mph or so in the quarter in the average awd car.

Yep. As long as you have a good inter-cooler you should be golden. Spray a little meth if you need to.

Like I said in a PM, I made about 400whp on an hx35 with a GARBAGE intercooler, that was way back when I knew less than I do now. If you were wanting more on pump I'd say got for the XL green.

Instead of a green, I'd look for a BEP housing for your tdo5-20g. They are around and sell for less than $200, should help the top end out a bit.

Where are you at now in terms of having a running car and making power? Maybe we can guide you on a good path to accomplishing your goals cheaply.

Where are you at now in terms of having a running car and making power? Maybe we can guide you on a good path to accomplishing your goals cheaply.

Pretty much I had I running car, I just decided to do a full forged rebuild with 272 kelfords and so forth while I had the extra money. I already have the 20g and its getting a fresh rebuild from Justin. I was going to sell it and go bigger, but I just might run meth/water on 25psi since I only ran it at 17psi on stock interanls and stock cams. If I'm not satisfied then I'll probably go hx35 in bep housing. I just wanted to get the turbo setup right and not have to fool with it again, but time ran out before I could make up my mind on the turbo. Since this is my dd and the motor should get shipped Monday, I need to get the car back on the road and give the loaner car back.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back