The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Is the DSM Dead?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ILEAGLE

Probationary Member
Oct 30, 2015
San Antonio, Texas
I've been looking all over the South Texas area for a reputable machine shop that is familiar with DSM/4G63 and everyone I turn to says "We've been out of the DSM community for years" Is there anyone in the San Antonio, Austin, hell, even Houston area that will machine a block and head for me? I just need them checked/decked (if need be) and the cylinder walls honed, if they are still within spec, so I can re-assemble this block that spun a rod. Thanks for the input.

There's bound to be someone in San Antonio to do a simple block check. The shop that did my 6 bolt was kotzur racing out of San Antonio. Their located on shertz rd. and do top notch work only bad thing I'd say about them is they take their time getting through people's orders, so you may have to constantly call them to check the status of your motor.

That's what I've heard and I contacted him regarding building my 2g Head, he said he could knock it out in a "day or two" but from what I'm reading, they seem to take a bit longer than that. I've been dealing with Long's Machine shop in SA and he seems to be a great guy, looks like he has state of the art equipment (minus a torque plate), and is extremely reasonable on his pricing. I'm contemplating buying a torque plate so I can get my 2 blocks done and flipping it... Maybe I can get one of the local Machine Shops to buy it from me.

Maybe calling around performance shops that might know someone that does good work? Precision R, JMS, Unlimited Performance out of corpus etc. Not many people run these engines around here so makes it kinda hard. I live in the corpus area and my options are very small, I got some head work done at a local machine shop here in corpus that ive heard they do good work, hope they don't screw me.

Fist Racing out of Houston is a shop that deals primarily with dsm's as far as I know. It's been a while since I lived there.

I haven't used them in years but Mission Machine Shop & Auto Parts have done the cyl. heads on a number of my vehicles with satisfaction. And yes they also do performance motor builds. Just not sure on DSMs.

I haven't used them in years but Mission Machine Shop & Auto Parts have done the cyl. heads on a number of my vehicles with satisfaction. And yes they also do performance motor builds. Just not sure on DSMs.
hey I live in Harlingen tx and I need to rebuild my manual transmission for my dsm1g fwd turbo and can't find anyone do you a shop that can help me

hey I live in Harlingen tx and I need to rebuild my manual transmission for my dsm1g fwd turbo and can't find anyone do you a shop that can help me

Have you tried contacting FIST Racing or Kozmic Motorsports. Both in Houston. I have taken a shop tour at Kozmic and they are great people that does really nice work I have never been to FIST but have heard great things about them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back