The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Intermittent clutch drag?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WisconsinMonSTAR

Proven Member
Apr 20, 2014
Kenosha, Wisconsin
So here's the low down... I've known my throwout bearing has been on its way, but due to the fact that replacing it has the same labor cost as a whole clutch swap, I figured I would wait. Well, today, I started my car up, and I couldn't get into reverse without the worst grinding I've ever heard in my life. I was locked out of all other gears. I turned my car off, back on and it drove fine, as if nothing was wrong. I went to the mall, and when I was leaving, same issue as before. This time, I put the car in gear while it was off, turned it on, and it started rolling while the clutch was fully depressed. So the clutch is dragging. Here's the weird part. I got my car towed home, and I started it up to pull into my driveway, and the car was fine again! All gears worked, shifting was smooth. What the hell is going on?!?!

It's possible one of the fingers on your clutch shift fork has come off. This happened to me, would shift fine sometimes, others not at all, and finally got to where wouldn't disengage clutch anymore.

This just happened to me. It was the clutch slave cylinder that was leaking fluid. I replaced it and master cylinder. Did you resolve your issue yet?

EDIT: Since my reply I have found all your other posts on this. Seems like you have found the problem now.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back