The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G intake piping

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrevoREX

Proven Member
Sep 2, 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
ok guys, im going to be running an e3 intake, e316g and a bbk 62mm tb. my question is about the size of my piping. i know that there is an advantage to oversized pipes before the turbo, but after the turbo is where i get fuzzy. given the size of the throttle body, are there any gains to be had with larger pipes from turbo to tb? i ask because im a little ocd about symmetry.

btw any thoughts on the bbk. picked it up for 60 shipped.

In most cars I've built, I typically go with the diameter of the Throttle. Whatever size coupler fits it, I stay that size throughout the system. However, there may be a benefit to oversize that I'm not aware of. I just feel like the same size is sufficient for flow.

I would stick with the normal 2.5" piping. I think Buschur did a test on 2.5 vs 3" piping and he only found a minimal difference and that was at around 6-700hp level. Not saying it won't benefit you as I've never tried it, but it's very unlikely to help you and may hurt spool/response.

Thats what I was thinking too^^^ possible lag kinda like when stock guys put on a fmic. But with an upgraded turbo, maybe it's not an issue. I dont think larger diameter pipes is worth the effort though. I don't see it being gainful.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back