The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

420A Intake manifold gasket replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-10-24-14-09-46.png
    Screenshot_2015-10-24-14-09-46.png
    52.9 KB · Views: 74
One last question i know i have to remove the valve cover along with the gasket but i was wondering once everything is in place would i have to replace the valve cover gasket or will i be able to use the same one? I was thinking about a gasket set i wanted to get from ebay

Yes exactly would mean either valve cover gasket or headgasket. Seems like a pretty major leak if you need to add that much oil. Have you pulled your spark plugs by chance to see if they are dry? There's 4 gaskets in the spark plug tubes that seal the valve cover to the head. Those are notorious for leaking and I've changed countless ones on 420a's. These will come with the new valve cover gasket if you need that. For oil leaks always start at the top and work your way down. If there's a lot of oil everywhere clean it all off and start over. This way your not tricked and actually can see the leak area.
The spark plugs are dry i looked the other day with a fashlight

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back