The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Installing spyder halo projectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btrain1

Probationary Member
Feb 16, 2012
muskogee, Oklahoma
So I received my new headlights yay. They didnt come with instructions.. so If anyone could help out heres where I am at.

The old headlight is out. New one ready to go in [Drivers Side]. On the car I only see the one plug in that connects to the bottom/middle of the old headlight. This appears to run from the dim then into the headlight connecting the bright light too.

Also the blinker but I got that figured out.

Ok on the new headlight I have 2 sets of plugs. One is coming out from the middle and it has light blue/black wires.

Another plug comes from the other light [left side facing car] It has red and black wires.

At the bottom there are 2 random red/black wires with no plug in.

Ok now you'll have to be semi specific because "Run them to your side markers" I don't know exactly what that means.

If anyone can help thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I wish I would have got instructions.

the red and black wire with no plug is for the halo get a test light and check your side marker wires for wich one is hot and splice the red wire into that and the black is a ground.

I think I solved my own problem mostly. All though the information on the Halo leds should help. Anyways it seems the 2 plugs on the new lights, plug into the existing harness on the OEM lights. What threw me off was that the OEM harness runs through the old headlight which is weird. But I guess I will find a way to bust it out and see what happens.

I think I solved my own problem mostly. All though the information on the Halo leds should help. Anyways it seems the 2 plugs on the new lights, plug into the existing harness on the OEM lights. What threw me off was that the OEM harness runs through the old headlight which is weird. But I guess I will find a way to bust it out and see what happens.

Hey man i just bought the same style headlights and im having trouble figuring the low beam and high beam plugs out. You said you used the existing harness. Could explain how you did that?

Theres a plug right bottom of headlight that disconnect the head light one plug disconnect that one plug new head light to that one. Not sure what vendor you got it from but all aftermarket lights I gotten total of five through out the years all had one plug not two

Theres a plug right bottom of headlight that disconnect the head light one plug disconnect that one plug new head light to that one. Not sure what vendor you got it from but all aftermarket lights I gotten total of five through out the years all had one plug not two

The brand is spyder. They are projector halo lights. There are two plugs coming from the aftermarket light one with black and red wires and another with blue and black wires.

I just finished putting the headlights on. I figured out what they were talking about when they said use the old harness from the OEM headlights. They look great! Thanks for the help guys.

Attachments

• 10537425_800392096660310_768476085519898627_n.jpg
    10537425_800392096660310_768476085519898627_n.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 178
Headlights

Attachments

• 10422544_800392116660308_5272307613514255672_n.jpg
    10422544_800392116660308_5272307613514255672_n.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 142
Sorry if this is a little off topic but, how good is the light output on those headlights?

Way better than stock for sure. The projectors once installed need a little adjusting to get the height right. The lights really provide great visibility. Today was my first day having them on and I'm really happy with them. Turned a few heads because they look great as well.

Way better than stock for sure. The projectors once installed need a little adjusting to get the height right. The lights really provide great visibility. Today was my first day having them on and I'm really happy with them. Turned a few heads because they look great as well.
Great I've been looking for an upgrade from the stanley headlights

All I have left to hook up is the two red wires from the new halo headlights I don’t know what to do with them could someone help

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back