The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

innovate or aem wideband

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonBoi91

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 5, 2004
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Looking to get a wideband o2, just trying to figure out what one to go with. I've been reading up on both, seen some say they have problems with Aem on dsmlink. I don't have link yet, but will have it in the future, so planning ahead, I wanted to hear some opinions on which one to go with. Thanks.

both of them are very good, and reliable...you will hear negative things about either one and have to narrow down which is user error and which is product error. I personally would choose Innnovate.

Which model of innovate is equal to the uego model. Is it the LC-1 or mtx? I did read several different forums on different sites with people having problems with Aem uego with dsmlink. I guess the gauge wasn't matching what link was showing.

I currently have the AEM but also used the LC1 on my old EVO. Both are good products. If I where to go back now that I know the AEM isn't as user friendly with link I would have gotten the innovate. I have purchased link just haven't got it on the car yet so I don't have first hand exp with the AEM and link yet.

I currently have the AEM but also used the LC1 on my old EVO. Both are good products. If I where to go back now that I know the AEM isn't as user friendly with link I would have gotten the innovate. I have purchased link just haven't got it on the car yet so I don't have first hand exp with the AEM and link yet.

So is the LC-1, basically the same as uego?

I have only used the LC-1 personally, and like it alot. It's easy to use with dsmlink, but from what I have heard, the aem uego is alot easier to install due to calibration reasons.

Which model of innovate is equal to the uego model. Is it the LC-1 or mtx? I did read several different forums on different sites with people having problems with Aem uego with dsmlink. I guess the gauge wasn't matching what link was showing.

The MTX-L would be comparable to the UEGO. They're both gauge-type controllers.

You heard correct, the UEGO doesn't play well with DSMLink. It's not just user error, the issues are covered in this ECM Tuning article: aemwb [ECMTuning - wiki]

As an AEM and DSMLink user, I would suggest going Innovate. My UEGO has been nothing but a disaster. Not only does it have logging issues, it has randomly failed a number of times now. If they weren't so cheap and easy to fix using the guts from old UEGO gauges I would have trashed it long ago. I will admit the gauge is very good at narrowband simulation on it's own, but otherwise... :notgood:

I've had both and I've got to say I like the Innovate MTX more. It reads much faster than my AEM did and it has a wider range too. It is also very simple to log in DSMLink. I've never personally tried to log an AEM unit, but I've heard stories.

I have no experience logging AEM on Link. However I have had several AEM WB's and recently picked up an Inovate LC-1.

I've had more trouble with this one LC-1 then all of my AEM's combined. I've had to rewire the LC-1 multiple times, Replace the sensor twice within a month (that may or may not be Invoates fault).

I'm using the LC-1 as a NBO2 simulator which is hit and miss. Took me several hours to finally get it reading properly... Again I can't fully blame Innovate for this. After many hours of work I've got the LC-1 Reading and funtioning properly, and from what I can see is performing well.

What I'm getting at is, I've never had an issue with any AEM Wideband other than replacing a sensor once a year, I've had multiple issues with my LC-1...

I vote innovative. But since the lc-2 is out and, i believe, the same price, i would def go for the lc2. That or the mtxl. Heard great things about that one

The MTX-L would be comparable to the UEGO. They're both gauge-type controllers.

You heard correct, the UEGO doesn't play well with DSMLink. It's not just user error, the issues are covered in this ECM Tuning article: aemwb [ECMTuning - wiki]

As an AEM and DSMLink user, I would suggest going Innovate. My UEGO has been nothing but a disaster. Not only does it have logging issues, it has randomly failed a number of times now. If they weren't so cheap and easy to fix using the guts from old UEGO gauges I would have trashed it long ago. I will admit the gauge is very good at narrowband simulation on it's own, but otherwise... :notgood:

Listen to this guy, he speaks the truth.

I also use the UEGO with DSMLink. And it was a pain in the ass to set up. I had to buffer the input number 1. Number two I had set it up to read as a linear wideband and input the max and min lambda voltage manually. I still don't think it logs exactly what the gauge is saying. But its close. Stay away from the UEGO. Read the link that he posted from ECMTuning website.

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. What is the narrowband, like stated above the aem is good with just being used as narrowband. Is that without link? I dont have link, so what innovate setup do u recommend for me to get as i would use it by itself for now, then with link. The LC-2, or mtx series?

Either one should work for you but i believe the mtxL has more options and its easier to work with. Also a different gauge and a bit pricier. They both NB sim

I'm pretty sure the LC-1 comes with the sensor alone and the MTX model comes with everything including the wideband gauge and all "not saying you REEEAALLY need it" but it looks cool LOL I hear good things about both so I would give you the thumbs up on buying either. :thumb::thumb:

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. What is the narrowband, like stated above the aem is good with just being used as narrowband. Is that without link? I dont have link, so what innovate setup do u recommend for me to get as i would use it by itself for now, then with link. The LC-2, or mtx series?

if your gonna just go with self tuning for now I'd DEF get the MTX-L and run that even after you get link it should make you happy for now and even after you get link.

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. What is the narrowband, like stated above the aem is good with just being used as narrowband.

Narrowband simulation is basically when you have a device that pretends to be the stock (narrowband) front O2 sensor. The ECU relies on signals from the front O2 sensor in order to regulate fuel delivery during idle/cruise. But if you don't want to use the stock front O2 for whatever reason, you just need to output a simulated narrowband signal based on your air/fuel ratio. DSMLink can run narrowband sim, but it takes some time to get it dialed in. Most high-quality widebands can also do it, they just need to be spliced into the stock sensors wiring.

It may sound complicated and more work than it's worth, and that's because it is. LOL Keep the stock front O2 sensor.

Narrowband simulation is basically when you have a device that pretends to be the stock (narrowband) front O2 sensor. The ECU relies on signals from the front O2 sensor in order to regulate fuel delivery during idle/cruise. But if you don't want to use the stock front O2 for whatever reason, you just need to output a simulated narrowband signal based on your air/fuel ratio. DSMLink can run narrowband sim, but it takes some time to get it dialed in. Most high-quality widebands can also do it, they just need to be spliced into the stock sensors wiring.

It may sound complicated and more work than it's worth, and that's because it is. LOL Keep the stock front O2 sensor.
yes I plan on keeping the front o2 sensor. Plan on installing wideband sensor about 3 feet away from turbo on the exhaust. So sounds like the mtx-l it is. Now saw that someone posted it has 2 outlets or does 2. I would only want to use 1 since I'm keeping stock o2. In that case, should I go with the LC-1? Or LC-2, or go ahead and get the mtx-l. And still use stock o2 as well.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back