The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Innovate MTX-L Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jgio213

Proven Member
Sep 27, 2017
Massachusetts
Hey guys,
Just a couple quick questions on a MTXL install... For starters I'm using this guide for where to hook into for the various wires which is pretty straight forward...http://www.dsmlink.com/wiki/mtxinstall
My question is, Do I splice into these wires of the ECU plugs or am I cutting this wire and creating a new connection strictly between the wideband and the ECU. The ECMlink guides dont specify.
Secondly the white wire calls for a headlight power source, Does this need to be a dimmer or something similar? Anyone have a good tie in spot for this white wire?
Thanks for the help as always, just wanted some clarification.

Hey guys,
Just a couple quick questions on a MTXL install... For starters I'm using this guide for where to hook into for the various wires which is pretty straight forward...http://www.dsmlink.com/wiki/mtxinstall
My question is, Do I splice into these wires of the ECU plugs or am I cutting this wire and creating a new connection strictly between the wideband and the ECU. The ECMlink guides dont specify.
Secondly the white wire calls for a headlight power source, Does this need to be a dimmer or something similar? Anyone have a good tie in spot for this white wire?
Thanks for the help as always, just wanted some clarification.

Red and black would be splice in as the ecu still needs power and ground. Yellow wire you can replace the factory front O2 wire with entirely as ecmlink will run narrowband O2 simulation. The white wire if I recall is to be grounded or connected to a headlight power connection. Innovate recommends against using the radio dimmer wire for example as the way the dimmer works off of the dash lighting dial does not play nice with the MTX-L internal electronics.

Summary:
Red - splice.
Black - splice.
Yellow - replace.
White - headlight power or grounded (chassis should be fine doesn't have to be ecu ground)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back