The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Injen Intake Ports

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Galipso

Supporting Member
Aug 23, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I have this Injen Intake installed on my car, came with it when i bought it. It's always had these ports on it but nothing connected to them. I only recently found out one of them (Green Arrow) is suppose to connect to my Valve Cover for proper PCV. The other ports, Red Arrow and Orange Arrow, im still not sure what they are for. Also, those 2 black circles are where 3/4" holes are and i have no idea why. Nothing has ever been in them but rubber plugs to seal them and from looking at this pic i now know they are not meant to be there...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Thanks for your input in advance

The orange has the emissions crap usually under the battery connected to it. The red, I believe, was connected to the factory boost controller. Green like you said, PCV. At least on my 97 GST.

As for the two black, I don't know for sure. Probably aftermarket of some sort.

The emissions I mentioned for the orange typically gets deleted in favor of a cleaner engine bay.

Yea everything is capped or plugged that is not in use.

The orange has the emissions crap usually under the battery connected to it. The red, I believe, was connected to the factory boost controller. Green like you said, PCV. At least on my 97 GST.

As for the two black, I don't know for sure. Probably aftermarket of some sort.

The emissions I mentioned for the orange typically gets deleted in favor of a cleaner engine bay.

That makes better sense, but those two holes still got me wondering. What i should have done is got them welded and closed but i've already powder coated the pipe so i dont wanna melt the powder. Can i just fit 2 discs to size and JB Weld them in from the inside?

I would guess the extra ports may have been added to improve the PCV system. They may have been hooked up to a catch can setup of some sort.

Probably. If anything find out the thread pitch and get a set of plug fittings if you don't use them.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back