The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G Injector help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwampDonkey

Probationary Member
Aug 11, 2015
Sherwood, Arkansas
I bought a 92 Laser RS from a friend that needed a clutch. My friend had already bought a clutch, a small 16g turbo, and some injectors for it. I put the clutch and the 16g turbo in and it worked fine.

My problem is I put the injectors in and it won't rev past 3500-4000. When you try to get it to it just bogs and misses and this is not driving it just sitting in driveway revving. The only thing I know about the injectors is they say Fuel Injector Clinic on them. The box they was in didn't have any paper work. Any suggestions?

Put the stock injectors back in until you can identify what you have and compensate for it (method of tuning such as SAFC or ECMLink). Complete a BLT to also rule out leaks and run at stock boost levels. I would make sure you spray soapy water with particular attention at the fuel injectors.

Some other basic items you will need to properly tune will be an aftermarket boost gauge and wideband o2 sensor.

Last edited:
I don't have a way to tune them. I kinda figured it was like 7.3 powerstroke and it would run normal until you told the ecm it had bigger Injectors. I'll just put the stock ones back in. I haven't made up my mind if I'm gonna keep the car or sell it. It's only got 95000 miles. And I don't have much in it

Before doing anything further you should research. Your assumption didn't hurt anything this time but you wasted your time. Other assumptions can have dire consequences immediately.

The injectors have 125-1000 engraved on them. Any idea what these Are worth if I choose to sell them

I'm gonna sell them so any idea what I could get for them? They are fuel injector clinic 125-1000

Is there a way to tell if they are low z or high z. I'm willing to make someone a deal if they want them

take a picture send to fuel injector clinic or us for more information on whether high or low is there a resistor delete.

Is there a way to tell if they are low z or high z. I'm willing to make someone a deal if they want them

Measure the coil resistance. High impedance injectors will be 10 or more ohms and low impedance injectors will be 2-4 ohms.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back