1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

info on this 7 bolt?

Posted by jr7426, Feb 12, 2018

Please Support Ace Race Parts
  1. jr7426

jr7426 Probationary Member

Joined May 23, 2010
    tucson, Arizona
    potentially purchasing this 7 bolt. can anyone visually give me an idea what it's worth as is with no info on engine. also can it be hooked up to a gm transmission? thanks in advance

Attached Files:

2. Tanro

Tanro Proven Member

Joined Jul 22, 2009
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Its worth about 400-750$ with no info on the engine you need to assume its a stock 7 bolt with no warranty, even tho its clear not.. Its race engine, dry sump setup gives that away, but if the owner can't tell you anything about it, I'd stay away unless the deal is really good.

My DSM:
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

16g   manual
  3. DSMPT

DSMPT Proven Member

Joined Jun 12, 2014
    Sonora Mexico, Arizona
    Maybe, if you want a RWD setup.

My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

16g   automatic
    1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Drag Race Build

GT40   manual
  4. Turbo2g

Turbo2g Proven Member

Joined Oct 13, 2017
    Fallbrook, California
    It's pretty sweet.. but clearly that engine has been beat on pretty hard. With no information on it, it's an at your own risk situation. You may do all the work to install it and hear a rod knock on start up. You never know why it was removed. Verify the timing marks line up and that the engine turns over by hand at least.

My DSM:
  5. 2gmitsueclipse

2gmitsueclipse DSM Wiseman

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Auburn Hills, Michigan
    An engine with those types of mods (dry sump) should be bought with the intention of having it gone through. I would not just throw this engine in a car and run it as is. How are you going to tune it without knowing anything about it?

It looks like it has been sitting for quite some time, so at minimum, I would consider replace valve seals. Other then that, I would check the condition of the bearings and I.D the rods, pistons and crank to see what you are working with. I would assume it has forged internals based on what I see in the pic provided.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    My DSM:
    1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Autocross Build

T25   manual
    1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

16g   manual
    1990 Plymouth Laser RS Turbo

Autocross Build

14b   manual
  6. Mello

Mello Proven Member

Joined Jul 4, 2003
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    That picture looks familiar. I think I saw it on this forum that was posted buy the owner maybe trying to inquiry about adaptor plates for other trannies. If I remember correctly this was palnned to go into a boat.

7. 95REGF150

95REGF150 Proven Member

Joined Mar 7, 2012
    Elk Grove, California
    Ya I was gonna say I have definitely seen that motor before. Not that exact picture but there was a thread on here not long ago that had it from other angles. That dry sump setup is hard to forget...

My DSM:
    1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX

Street Build

manual