1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

2G Incorrect spark plug wiring but runs

Posted by DSMHammer, Jul 13, 2018

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. DSMHammer

DSMHammer Probationary Member

Joined Jul 17, 2017
    Otsego, Michigan
    Thanks in advance.
    I was going to change the spark plugs in my car and noticed that they are not wired according to factory specification. Ive never had an issue with the car running untell I tried switching to a COP setup.
    Ive changed the wiring back to factory specs and it acts the same as with the COP hooked up. So this leads me to believe something must be off either with timing of the bottom end in relation to the head or something maybe?
    I have included photo of how car runs with the weird wiring. I've been fixing lots of thing from previous owners but cant put a finger on this one.

Attached Files:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. dustyboner

dustyboner Proven Member

Joined Mar 13, 2016
    abq, New Mexico
    Dsmkauai likes this.
  3. spyderdrifter

spyderdrifter Supporting Member

Joined Jul 11, 2009
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Do you have a 6 bolt engine with the wiring set up for 2ga?

My DSM:
    1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Autocross Build

16g   manual
    1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder GST (sold)

Street Build

T28   manual
    1996 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX (sold)

16g   manual