1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Trouble Logging In or Staying Logged In?

CLEAR YOUR BROWSER COOKIES! More info about this can be found here. If you still have trouble after clearing your browser's cookies and cache, reply to that thread and tell us what browser you're using and what device you're using.

I'm getting my first DSM on wednesday

Posted by sakroda, Jan 12, 2019 at 3:21 PM

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
  1. sakroda

sakroda Probationary Member

Joined May 3, 2016
    İstanbul, Europe
    Hello
    I am going to buy DSM on wednesday it s 1990 eagle talon and it has AWD and turbo so Do you have advice before buying talon..ıt does not have ABS and CC that s why it made me sad..After buying the talon do you have idea for modification what i am going to do?
    thank you.

Attached Files:

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      File size:
      157.2 KB
      Views:
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      File size:
      176.9 KB
      Views:
    • 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      164.9 KB
      Views:
    • 04.jpg
      04.jpg
      File size:
      74.7 KB
      Views:
    • 05.jpg
      05.jpg
      File size:
      102 KB
      Views:
    • 06.jpg
      06.jpg
      File size:
      194 KB
      Views:

Featured Products from our Supporting Vendors

2. techboy

techboy Proven Member

Joined Feb 3, 2018
    Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
    If it were my car I wouldn't be too upset about not having CC and ABS. Those things are annoying, take up space, and are usually eliminated by people anyway.

My advice, I wouldn't any modifications yet. Just get the car together, do all necessary maintenance, make sure it's running soundly and then, and only then, start in on the modifications. Otherwise, you'll end up chasing your tail and getting rid of the car b/c it's "unreliable".

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

13.876 @ 106.97 MPH
    Hickory-NC-2Ggsx and Kryndon like this.
  3. 311oneG

311oneG Supporting Member

Joined Dec 14, 2018
    Spanish Fork, Utah
    Welcome! Looks like a good project. I agree with techboy. My other suggestion is to start hoarding interior parts and body parts. That is a 1Ga car so one of 2 years they had pop up headlights. The turn signal markers are getting harder and harder to find.

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

Street Build

14b   manual
    darkgant likes this.
  4. sakroda

sakroda Probationary Member

Joined May 3, 2016
    İstanbul, Europe
    Yes It would be massive project for me i will replace parts with new ones I found some parts from rockauto and it s good news..I found some parts also in USA I can not find parts in here that s why i have to import it from other countries first of all i need to change shock absorder I don t have much money that s why i will start with cheap way..Do you have advice for shock absorder? Kayaba or ?Can you give me link?thanks for answers

5. 1qkfwd

1qkfwd DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 16, 2005
    Sun Valley, Nevada
    Well you came to the right place. There’s tons of info here that will point you in the right direction. Spend a little time browsing around.

As for getting started I’d go through the car with a fine tooth comb and make sure the maintenance is 100%. From there you can decide what to upgrade. My suggestion would be to start slow and don’t get I over your head with mods.

1992 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

10.677 @ 128.100 MPH
  6. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    90s never had abs. Forget mods. Put it together correctly first. Learn. Then mods. If you're an experienced mechanic or just had loads of cash then by all means mod while you build. More importantly what are the plans for the car?

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Street Build

T25   manual