The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

I'm buying holset hx35 turbo best turbo manifold to buy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eagleturbo

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2012
lexington, North_Carolina
I'm buying the wh1c it's the hx35 with the smaller exhaust housing twin scroll,it needs to be rebuild because of some in and out play,I wanted to know where the best place to get a twin scroll turbo manifold from.And I'm only paying $100 for the turbo. here is the only two pics I have Thank yall for any info.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Would it just be better to buy the bep housing and use a T3 mainfold, because I heard thats another way to go.

Where the best place to buy the BEP housing, bc I see different places that sale them and the prices are different too.

That's true, but the performance is leaps and bounds better than the open housing...

No doubt. But people think holsets are a super cheap road to insta spool big power. People buy them for $100, and think they are another couple hundred bucks away from tearing up the streets at 40psi, spooled by 3500 rpms.

Yes, I bought it for 100,but I don't think couple hundred bucks more I be tearing up the streets.I'm rebuilding my motor too, so it will be some time when I'm done,I am looking for the best parts but and the more I hear and read it seem like the,BEP housing is the way to go.I have seen some nice T3 manifolds that I like. he sent me a couple more pics so here are the other 2 pics.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Twin scroll would be sweet, but IMO, idk, thats a LOT of money to drop. BEP's t3 mated to a PR mani or go a little more sturdy and get the ERL mani. Ones gonna set u back a bit under 300, the other 500. But the ERL will probably never crack. I believe thats a very very tough mani. The wg provision caused a problem to keltalon but other than that never heard one complaint.

If it were my money: BEP t3, ERL and a custom 3" dp. And of course, sweet corn fuel

Yea, I was looking at a PR manifold and the ERL Manifold, I also have a new 3in down pipe. what was the wg provision problem on the ERL mani.

Yea, I was looking at a PR manifold and the ERL Manifold, I also have a new 3in down pipe. what was the wg provision problem on the ERL mani.

Yea..... about that wg provision. Seems its a bit weird and some people cut and reweld on a fitting of their choice. Maybe make it a bit shorter? IDK, but, heres the kicker: It voids the warranty on the ENTIRE mani if you touch any part of it. Pretty stupid if you ask me. Thats what kels beef was, he modded it, it ended up cracking up near the head flange (iirc) and they would not replace it. Totally unrelated failure. But thats why you see the new disclaimer when you click on the ERL description.

The expensive pr mani looks the best but the cost is pretty high.

Id still go w the ERL, cast is gotta be stronger

Yea, I think I just watch that youtube video on that ERL manifold about the crack and he threw it in the trash,That's a lot of money to throw in the trash.So do they make a BEP housing for the wh1c turbo,I was told it's the same as the hx35.

I run a T3 Turbonetics cast mani with a 1/2" spacer. I got it used from the classifieds for $200. There is a clearance issue under the hood with one of the support rails. I had to cut a small section out. If I wouldn't have already fabbed up my O2 housing, I would have made an adapter to change the angle coming off the runner. It didn't hit the hood without the spacer, but the .70 A/R turbine housing hit the block.

Attachments

• exhaust manifold.jpg
    exhaust manifold.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 605
I run the PR manifold with external WG, atmo dump. I bought the 'hot parts' kit- Punishment Racing DSM T3 Hot Kit - Punishment Racing. Nice thing is if you send Tim your exhaust housing, he has a jig to build the o2 housing so it plumbs into the stock location and can make the o2 housing anything you need it to be. However, if you are using the BEP T3 housing, he already has the 'blueprints' to fab the o2 housing without the exhaust housing.

My setup is BEP T3 housing, PR racing manifold, 3" CX racing downpipe - one of the few off the shelf SS downpipes that does not neck down to 2.5" before the flex section (coincidentally enough, the 3" downpipe on his website is the exact same one).

Yea, im of the opinion thats about the nicest setup you can buy for a single scroll t3. Thats their top shelf mani. Piece of art.

btw, kelvin didnt throw that away. ended up using it again LOL. At least thats the last i heard. The video is hilarious tho

I run a T3 Turbonetics cast mani with a 1/2" spacer. I got it used from the classifieds for $200. There is a clearance issue under the hood with one of the support rails. I had to cut a small section out. If I wouldn't have already fabbed up my O2 housing, I would have made an adapter to change the angle coming off the runner. It didn't hit the hood without the spacer, but the .70 A/R turbine housing hit the block.

They make shorter wg's. You think that would have worked? How is the fitment to the radiator? Looks like theres plenty of room for slims atleast.

They make shorter wg's. You think that would have worked? How is the fitment to the radiator? Looks like theres plenty of room for slims atleast.

I would say that 1/2-3/4" shorter WG would have worked fine. I have a SPAL 14" on the pass side and a 12" pusher in front of the radiator. I probably could fit a 11" or 12" slim puller between the radiator and turbo...

Yea, I think I just watch that youtube video on that ERL manifold about the crack and he threw it in the trash,That's a lot of money to throw in the trash.So do they make a BEP housing for the wh1c turbo,I was told it's the same as the hx35.
I can guarantee he didn't throw it away and I don't even know the guy. Theatrical. I have the H1C, it came from the factory with a 18cm2 holset housing. Terrible for our cars. Best option would be to get the HX35 flavor of BEP housings. Same size as the H1C, and best option for an open t3 holset outside of machining.

Yea, im of the opinion thats about the nicest setup you can buy for a single scroll t3. Thats their top shelf mani. Piece of art.
Agree. The twinscroll mani that Tim from Punish made me is fantastic. That guy backpurges like a boss.

I would say that 1/2-3/4" shorter WG would have worked fine. I have a SPAL 14" on the pass side and a 12" pusher in front of the radiator. I probably could fit a 11" or 12" slim puller between the radiator and turbo...

How could you possibly fit a 14" SPAL on the radiator? I mounted my 13" SPAL pusher today and I had to trim the shroud, and had less than a centimeter on either side for the blades to clear. I took a photo:

Sorry for the thread hijack, i'm just curious.....

Last edited:
You have AC? Those manis look great and are easily as strong as any ERL out there at less than half the price if you can find em used.
Thats a good option.
Wonder if the BEP t3 hx40 hotside would fit with the same spacer... COuldnt be a whole lot bigger, i bet it would. Im planning an hx40 build or maybe a s364 ett from bullseye. Either way, if i can keep this god damned car running right for more than a week at a time im gonna be in the market for a t3 mani in the next 6 months.

OP: not sure if this has been covered but those OBX t3 ramhorn mani's, while they look good, have an awkward wg setup and have been known to fail in a number of places. Those run around 375 iirc.

Decided w a bolt-on dsm eh? Well, IMO thats a whole lotta jack to blow on a dsm flanged mani. Looks beautiful though. Im sure it'll be a great piece. how much better than a fp? IDK. But you do get the ext wg so thats a plus, i guess.
Sure you just dont want t3 with a 3" vband out?.....
Gotta think of the possibility of upgrading to t3 one day and having to buy another mani. Im just saying.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back