The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Illinois DSMer's, how many are left...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys! I'm in champaign and i have a 96 GSX that I'm in the process of getting up and running again. Bought from a friend for $800, It was smoking really bad (valve stem seals). So after the head work i have to replace the worn out suspension bushings/parts. I helped a buddy build a '91 Galant vr-4 years ago and only hope to make mine faster than that one was. I can't wait to launch this beast!

Wow, going back through some old post's of mine and found this one. For all the Illinois DSMer's out there, what are your plans for the winter months/mods to the cars?

Mine is going to get a new tuck'd harness, new BOV (TIAL), new turbo setup (piecing together HX35 kit) and some new wheels. Maybe some new suspension also because Im not a fan of the current setup!

I picked up my 98 GSX about a year and a half ago. Haven't really taken her out much, she needs some minor work to be done.

My boyfriend has a 95 GS-t, with 69,000 miles on it. He bought a Frankenstein engine from DSM Graveyard about 3 years ago, still hasn't had the car up and running yet since he bought the engine

Hello fellow DSMers.. I have a 99 GSX I am trying to get my compression straightened out and on the road for spring how are you guys? I am from champaign/urbana are there any car meets around im part a small group of tuner friends out here not all are DSM but all love cars... I am looking to find more like minded people around here hit me up in my inbox if you want to chat n make some meets happen..

Hey Twizted
I'm in the Quad Cities. I see a bunch of DSMs in this area but never at the car shows. I hope to get mine show ready some day. I'd rather go to the track.
I picked up my 92 GSX in November. I've driven it 5 times, something in the trans let loose so for now its on stands getting fixed up, stopping leaks etc. Then to the trans shop. This car has failed emissions for 20 years so it's had some abuse, still looks decent though, but it's the best DSM I could find in my price range.
Good luck to you

Bringing back an old thread! I'm in Shelbyville with a 98 GSX, and I have a buddy 30min away from me in Sullivan with a 90 TSI and an 03 Evo.
Mines coming completely apart soon so I can get rid of all the rust, and I work for a turbo company so I'm probably going to spec out the biggest ball bearing turbo we make (~500hp capable) and throw it in after completely going through the engine and trans. Will start a build thread after I get the car disassembled.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back