The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Rix Racing

idle problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T-Cgst7

Probationary Member
Sep 22, 2014
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
okay so recently I the CEL came on for idle air control problem and 02 sensor bank one. I replaced the upstream o2 sensor and a week later replaced the idle air control valve. when I replaced the IAC I turned the car on it started to idle at 2500rpm and then slowly dropped to 1500 as the engine warmed up. I put the car on reverse and it started to idle up and down from 1500 to 2000 when the car started moving. when the car stops it finally goes back to 1500 and stays there. i tried disconnecting the tps when the car was on and it started to idle higher and when i connected it back on while it was on the idle went down. i also tried to adjust the BISS but it does nothing. my vacuum when the car is on is 20 and it starts to fluctuate when it idles up and down.

The vacuum sounds good. I would check your throttle body make sure it is closing all the way. Also could be throttle cable gettin sticky.
My throttle cable is fine and dry. what can cause my throttle body not to close? also how do I check if it closes correctly or not[DOUBLEPOST=1416798508][/DOUBLEPOST]CEL is still on for idle air control valve and o2 sensor and I just changed it.

When you adjusted the BISS were you looking at link or another scan tool at the ISC Position? If so what is it set at? ISC Position should be around 30.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back