The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Idle issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2g gst 95

Probationary Member
Jul 3, 2017
Casper, Wyoming
okay guys so I'm new to the dsm world. I just got done changing out my transmission and clutch in my 95 gst. It ran great for a couple days then I drove it to work and when I was leaving I started it and was idling just fine then as soon as I put it in gear it wants to die and goes to 400 Rpms and sometimes lower. I've checked for boost leaks and tightened everything down. It looks like there might be a leak in the vacuum line for the boost controller but I'm not sure if this would cause this problem. Like I said I'm new to the dsm world please be easy on me and I'm new to the page and need as much helpful feedback as possible! Tia!

Have you followed the initial maintenance items listed in the forum? It maybe a fuel filter problem or maybe just an old gas problem. Would try some of that or maybe octane boost? If you're still thinking vac lines maybe check yours vs. the schematics that I'm sure are listed somewhere on this site. Let us know!

Have you followed the initial maintenance items listed in the forum? It maybe a fuel filter problem or maybe just an old gas problem. Would try some of that or maybe octane boost? If you're still thinking vac lines maybe check yours vs. the schematics that I'm sure are listed somewhere on this site. Let us know!
So I changed the fuel filter in the process of taking out the transmission. It also smells like it is running really rich which it shouldn't be considering the fact that I have the Evo 3 16g turbo and stock injectors. I have checked all vacuum lines and they all seem to be fine so I'm not sure what the problem is. And I also just filled up with a brand new tank of 91

If you are suspecting that it might be the vacuum lines just replace them, it's not a tough job and you will have the piece of mind knowing that they are all new and shouldn't leak. This will also eliminate them from the list of potential causes on the idle issue. If it smells like its running rich I'd suggest checking the injector seals, and then I'd snag a set of used EVO 560's and a Wally 255 so that you don't run lean with that turbo. I would go back through and touch everything you pulled out of the car when you did the clutch and see if there is something you might have disturbed that could be overlooked.

***Be prepared to be educated on the E16G on stock injectors without any reinforced fueling system or tuning/logging, that's a big point of contention. If you do have that covered mention it in your next post***

I had the same symptoms, I had to replace Idle Air Control and EGR Valve. Later I realized my Idle Air Control was just dirty. I could have just cleaned it. You live you learn. (Also they're like 10 bucks on ebay).

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back