The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink Idle in close loop problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDgr97GSX

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 11, 2009
Romania, Europe
Hi guys. I need some help with my tune since the guy who tuned my car(MY1GDSM-Stacy) is no longer in the business. I had some problems with my idle when i stat using the car again after few months of garage parking. Everything was ok in normal driving or WOT but the not the idle, the engine stall every time when it was running at idle after going few times rich then lean. Strange think was that when i had the engine warm and going few times WOT then the idle start to be ok. I've checked the settings with EcmLink and when the idle was ok the car was running in open loop and started to go rich-lean as soon as the ECM was going in closed loop. I thought is the IAC sensor so i've change it even if the old had the coils in order. I've adjusted the throttle cable and biss screw but the idle was still the same. I did some adjustments at SD table and global and dead time and now the idle is better all the way but the car is running in open loop at idle. I would like to solve this problem and i need some help. I'm still learning to play with EcmLink since i don't have someone to do the tune for me anymore. Thanks

Attachments

• first start after few months.elg
    893.7 KB · Views: 40
  • normal driving.elg
    2.1 MB · Views: 37
  • idle after few adjustments.elg
    683.4 KB · Views: 36
Are you sure you have the correct wideband switch point voltage for narrowband simulation? 2.43 is for an lc1/lc2 wideband. This issue may be causing your car to stay in openloop.

I was thinking about this but these are the settings made by Stacy so i did not change it. Today i had a look in ecmlink and compare the AFR in Ecmlink to Aem and the wideband is off by 0.8. Also when i start the car the AFR was all over and the car had a jumpy idle. After driving 10-15 the AFR got better and the car could idle normal but still in open loop. This is strange. I know the car had no boost leaks but i'll do another test next days. I'm thinking the problem it might by the FIAV valve.

Stacy took my money for a DUAL map tune and then disappeared :f-u:....nothing more to say. Glad you at least got a tune!

Stacy took my money for a DUAL map tune and then disappeared :f-u:....nothing more to say. Glad you at least got a tune!

Only half actually. I paid to go all the way to 400whp and after rebuild my engine to retune to get max from my setup. Right now i don't know how good the tune is but the car is running nice at 24psi so i'm ok for now.

Thank goodness. :pray: I had to get plenty of help here and there and finally got to a good point but the car went down recently so I am just a spectator on here, for the most part, right now.

I had a look on old logs and it seems the idle was in open loop too. Dave from Ecmlink said the problem seems to be the 2150 injectors so i might have to buy something smaller. What i don't understand is way the idle is getting better and the engine is not stopping anymore at idle after few pulls

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back