The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G Idle Air Control Module

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godschylde777

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 3, 2009
houston, Texas
GM, I am using a Q45 TB. I was not sure if I needed this or not or if I could do without it. And help would be appreciated.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Many will say that you can get away with out it but if you want "like stock" idle control you will want to figure out how to make this work on your new throttle body. One option involves putting the guts into a hyundai "remote mount" ISC housing. This will allow you to drill holes and run lines from each side of your throttle body to the stock ISC.

If you choose to get rid of it be prepared to nurse your car to get it to stay idling when it's cold, stalling when you snap the throttle shut, low idle when your a/c or p/s is being used, and just generally crappy idle that only works properly when the car is warmed up and just idling. All other control will be lost outside of what the ECU can do w/ the idle using ignition timing.

Just to update this with what I have found in the yards, the part is from a 95-98 Nissan Maxima and its the purge valve, however alot of them are made of plastic, the plastic ones will not work!, the stepper motor is held on by two screws on top instead of the dsm like three screws and it looks like the stepper part is made completely different than the older aluminum body ones.

Yeah I think the pintles are different too so it may not seal at all if you simply swap out the guts. I'd do some experimenting to make sure it seals before putting it in the car to avoid wasting more time than necessary fixing it.

Just to update this with what I have found in the yards, the part is from a 95-98 Nissan Maxima and its the purge valve, however alot of them are made of plastic, the plastic ones will not work!, the stepper motor is held on by two screws on top instead of the dsm like three screws and it looks like the stepper part is made completely different than the older aluminum body ones.
Actually they both work. I have both plastic and aluminum purge valves. The only difference is the plastic is the updated version just like in the DSM. Both will bolt up just fine to a dsm isc. You need to match the two up. DSM plastic to Nissan plastic...and vice versa. Or you just just use the Nissan purge valve as is and splice in the Nissan plug

Actually they both work. I have both plastic and aluminum purge valves. The only difference is the plastic is the updated version just like in the DSM. Both will bolt up just fine to a dsm isc. You need to match the two up. DSM plastic to Nissan plastic...and vice versa. Or you just just use the Nissan purge valve as is and splice in the Nissan plug
So where would it bolt to?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back