The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Ideas on a FWD-specific turbo (5-600hp)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Feyd Rautha

Probationary Member
Apr 14, 2015
New braunfels, Texas
Would there be any reason to take FWD into account when choosing a larger turbo? I'm going to be building a roll-racing 1G FWD. Any suggestions on turbos that would do well in that specific application? Thanks.

You will need slicks to get that thing to hook at that HP level, fyi.

My son's '97 Spyder has a Qualf diff and Ventus 17" Drag Radials and it is a stock 7 bolt on E-85 with a 16G turbo and 850 injectors. That motor turns 8000 and he has a hard time not spinning on them and he is at about the 350 HP mark. This is just our experience so I thought it would be good to let you know

He is still on stock suspension, and boost by gear is a good option. He is pushing about 25 lbs but is building almost 20 I believe at the line.

Good suspension I'm using yonaka coilovers and have es bushings in everything, slicks I'm using qtp's and cutting low 1.7 60' :). Also have staged boost so I can leave of the line with alittle less then hit it hard in 2nd. But I still launch at 5250 and leave with about 10psi boost. On a small 16g pushing 37lb/min at 19.5-20psi I clocked off many 12.4 passes and should have been high 11's. Driver mod is very important and the right clutch. My best setup seemed to be a unsprung disc (south bend, act or spec) good pp and act flywheel. Gotta learn to slip that thing and with the help of ecmlink let er rip. Lol I also have a quiaffe LSD and Terhune raceworks cryoed axles. If you want real inspiration look at Ricard33's setup and keltalons, sickest fwd 2gs I know. :) also fwd thread on here tons of info.

Ha, yeah I'm on page 20 on that 100 page thread. I'm really only interested in racing the car from a roll. Have you had any experience with drag radials and their longevity? Thanks.

LOL yep on the longevity....our have a treadwear rating of 40......They have 5-6 passes on them and have a guestimate of about 30 street miles on them (maybe more). I looked at them last night and was surprised that they still have a reasonable amount of rubber on them and they have been USED on the street not just driven.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back