The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G I replaced the MAF, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsu_Racing

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 15, 2001
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
I got a CEL and when i checked it with my pocketlogger it was the PO100, Mass Air Flow Volume Circuit. So i replaced the MAF but the CEL PO100 still keeps coming on. What should i check? Replace? Thanks.

Did you reset your ECU after replacing the MAS?
Disconnect the (-) terminal of the battery for ~15minutes and try again.

If still a code, may want to check the wiring harness to the MAS for corrosion / shorts in the wiring. Can clean the contacts with a bit of dielectric tuneup grease (with the battery disconnected of course) :dsm:

I replaced my MAF and left the battery disconnected for 30 min. however now the car won't idle properly. It seems to run fine when on the street, but when I stop at a red light it has low bouncing idle and after less than a minute of struggling will cut out. Any suggestions? Thx.

BTW, the car was totally fine before, just started a P1070 CEL code hence the replacement of MAF.

I replaced my MAF and left the battery disconnected for 30 min. however now the car won't idle properly. It seems to run fine when on the street, but when I stop at a red light it has low bouncing idle and after less than a minute of struggling will cut out. Any suggestions? Thx.

BTW, the car was totally fine before, just started a P1070 CEL code hence the replacement of MAF.
Pretty sure that is a fuel trim code.

Verfiy injector resistance with multimeter.
Verify fuel pressure @ idle with vacuum disconnected.
And check for boost leaks for sure.
Report back.

DANG. No doubt!
Was your code P0170? I'll keep that in mind that your MAF triggered that code...

Yes it was P1070 which lists probable causes as: Large vacuum leak, fuel system injectors/pressure, ignition system malfunction, Air Flow Meter malfunction, or exhaust leak near oxygen sensor.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I took the old MAF and cleaned it with MAF cleaner (DO NOT USE anything else) so perhaps the original CEL problem was from a dirty MAF. The car has 146000 miles so I'm hoping it was that simple.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back