The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

HX35 BEP Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dillon233

Probationary Member
Aug 12, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Alright, I tried to look this up and could barely find anything about it. I bought a hx35 with stock cummins hotside. I was looking for a .55 bep hotside to use. This kid talks me into buying his .45 bep hotside. He gave it to me with an older Garrett journal bearing turbo on it and ext dump o2 housing.
Anyways, I get home, try to put the hotside on the my hx35 and it won't fit. The holset is too large. The heat shield (disk) between turbine wheel and CHRA is way too big. He insists that his hx bolted to it.
The .55 bep has TMG5 stamped onto it. This has TMG3 on it. I really can't see how I'd be doing it wrong, but thought I'd ask and see if anyone has more input on this. It's super irritating.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 158
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 147
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 93
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    643.5 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    656.4 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    656.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    704.2 KB · Views: 131
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    829.9 KB · Views: 121
Not if the size is wrong! :) I think it's closer to a tdo5 size from what I got skimming thru the links you posted than a hx35 size wheel! You might be able to machine it to fit? I don't know id just get one from extreme or fp!

Last edited:
Haha. Thank you. That's all I needed to convince him to pay me back. I'm definitely buying a new one. So much easier than dealing with this crap.

Definitely look for the actual bep housing built to fit the hx35 I have the same setup in my gsx and it runs beautifuly

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back