The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Road Race Build HPDE/Road Race 1G

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Here is the stupid-tight clearance between new 3g brake MC and strut bar. After installing the 3g master, unlike most, my brake pedal just did not feel that great. I was wondering if that had anything to do with me just straight up replacing the 1g MC with the 3g MC with no regard to adjusting the brake booster rod. After looking into it more and researching the FSM, it turns out that there is a detailed measuring procedure you are supposed to follow to set that booster rod. I ended up not going back to adjust the booster rod and left it as-is. However, I investigated the brake pedal assembly against the FSM brake pedal spec and it was off the FSM spec by about 1-inch!!!! I ended up adjusting the brake pedal clevis pin threaded rod a few turns and dramatically raised the brake pedal (but not too much as to cause the brakes to drag), which helped make heel and toeing ALOT easier.

Attachments

• IMG_4735.JPG
    IMG_4735.JPG
    384.8 KB · Views: 76
Just posting up my Winter 2019 parts Haul/Hoard. Gonna install this stuff in the coming weeks once the temps are more favorable, but just too cold out there under the car port right now brrrrrrrr! Got me some BoostX poly rear subframe bushings, Paul Volk rear upper control arms, Paul Volk Active Toe Eliminator (I never did like my welded rear trailing arms because they bind a little, but that was the only option that I had at the time that I had them welded because ATE was not an available option back in the day!), some nice heim joint boots because they seemed like the right thing to do, a little Paul Volk key chain, some fresh stainless brake lines to replace my 15 year old ones, and some BEAUTIFUL Ground Control adjustable caster and camber plates to replace the fixed caster on my JIC FLT-A2 coilovers. I also have some bronze clutch pedal bushings coming (not shown) and gonna send out my pedal assembly to WhiteShedSpeed to have it rebuilt and welded up for good. Not really looking forward to removing the pedal assembly though honestly, I've heard it's kind of a PITA. I'll report back with some updates when I get to installing some of this stuff, and reviews of course... stay tuned!

Attachments

• Winter 2019 Parts Haul-Hoard.jpg
    Winter 2019 Parts Haul-Hoard.jpg
    573.1 KB · Views: 72
Going to build an extreme street road race car enjoy your updates looking forward to seeing more down. My build is use for me I miss pure car build. I just want a simple car since the wife said I can’t get a motorcycle this is the next best thing. I want it to be a raw car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back