The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Hp and 1/4 time estimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennington95gst

Probationary Member
Mar 21, 2015
sherman, Texas
Im sure this has been asked a trillion times but if
I post my mods can I get somen idea's on what kind of power I'm getting and what dsm'rs with simular set ups are running in the 1/4. There isnt any tracks near where I live or shops with dyno. Thanks in advance.
95 GST Mods
14b upgrade
3" turbo back
2.5" upper and lower intercooler pipes
1g blowoff valve
K&N filter
boost gauge
MBC

Everyone wants to know what kind of power they're making, that's why we do this. The question is, what kind of power is your setup capable of making and what mod's you've done to support it?

Your turbo's a 14b rated at 405cfm x .07 = 28lbs/m of airflow. That being said, running that turbo to the ragged edge and having every supporting mod in the book you're looking at 250 - 280whp tops with a 14b. That being said, you've got no supporting mods (fuel upgrades or a tuning solution) and just basic bolts ons, you also didn't bother to mention what you've got your MBC set to boost wise.

Without supporting mods (fuel system upgrades, FMIC, cams, etc) to max that turbo out and looking at your mods list I'd say you're probably around 140-180whp depending on boost levels.

Now it's time for you to get a wideband o2 sensor and ECMLink (or similar tuning solution).

I appreciate your reply. S-AFC-660 injectors-Afpr-and 255 fuel pump are in the works. Just the financial issues that we all have. Boost is set at 14 psi but struggling with creep! Was planning on porting wastegate or tuning to handle it when I get the fuel upgrade. Thanks again for your advise. I will take it!! Gonna go 16g to when I can afford it over all looking for 300-350Hp thats my goal

First things first, anything relating to the engine whether mechanical/electrical has to be in tip top shape. You cant take a 20yr old car that runs "ok" bolt some parts on it and expect to go fast. Many people are disappointed at the dyno or the track and its usually because of lack of preventative/routine maintenance.

I have spent a couple years slowly checking everything on one of my cars making sure everything is in showroom condition, you can for sure tell a major difference from purchase to now when driving it. I cannot stress enough that the ecu, fuel system, ignition system, mas airflow, boost leaks, clean intercooler, ect are in excellent shape. Quite a few of the "go fast recipe" stress routine and preventative maintenance before any go fast parts. A given setup is good for X amount of power if every component is in perfect condition.

Since I got the car about 8 months ago I've been going through it. Replaced timing belt and eliminated balance shafts. Crank seals. Fixed multiple other small leaks. Replaced hoses and replace oil line and drain when I put in the 14b. Belts. Brakes.clutch ACT 2600. Im almost 40yr
Old and been mechanicing on cars all my life so absolutely know the importance of proper maintenance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back