The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

2G How would one go about rewiring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eziomandude

Proven Member
Mar 23, 2016
Dale, Texas
How would I rewire my interior speakers to a amp? I am pretty sure all though not 100% I don't have an infinity system. Is it actually as simple as running wires to a amp and wire them to the head unit and poof sound?

The amp has speaker wire outputs. you run RCA cables from your head unit to your amp, power the amp from the battery and ground it to the chassis, and run speaker wire from the amp to each speaker.

Run the power line and the speaker wires on opposite sides of the car to reduce electrical interference. :hellyeah:

What all would I need? I know obviusly the required wires to run the amp and speakers to the amp and the amp to the head unit. But do I need crossovers or capacitors or anything? How many channels for my amp do I need?

Depending on your system you would need an appropriate watt AMP. unless you are running more than 1 sub or a crazy setup almost any 1000watt amp should be enough. you shouldn't need a capacitor.

For channels, some two channel amps have a default channel for a sub. You can use a four channel and put two speakers on a channel and the sub on the last two. (there should be instructions in the amp on on how to do this, its simple) Just make sure you have one channel for each speaker and the sub.

RCA wire from the amp to the head unit. Speaker wires from speakers to amp. You will need a high gauge wire run from the positive terminal of your battery back to wherever you amp is (an inline fuse is recommended, the good kits come with this)

Fry's Electronics or best buy has decent kits. I personally like to run the wire under the carpet along the very edge of the car and under the back seat. and i run the power line and the RCA cables, speaker wires separate on either side of the car.

1x Amp (2 channel with sub, 3 channel or 4 channel. 1000W minimum)
3x RCA cables. head unit should have a spot for each speaker channel and a sub
1x power line with inline fuse. I think 8G or bigger (smaller numbers are bigger) should be good.
Xx speaker wire.

you can set it up with just a sub too. depends on if you want to amp your speakers or not. I've done both. Depends on your head unit and what you want out of it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back