The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G How to use the factory feed line as the return.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakk220

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 13, 2010
Akron, Ohio
I am currently running a -8AN for my fuel feed line and want to use the factory feed as the return as I have heard many people do to enlarge it. The question I have is how are people connecting it to the fuel pump hanger?

I believe the hose that slips over the factory return at the hanger is a 1/4in hose (correct me if I am wrong). So then I am fairly certain that I would need a M14 x 1.5 inverted male flare to 1/4in barb which they do not seem to make. The only one I can find is this one to a 5/16 barb:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fitting-Ada...ash=item25cd8fb26f:g:Hh0AAOSwQYZWutgG&vxp=mtr

So then I would need to rig together 2 fittings to reduce the 5/16 to 1/4 to attach to the fuel pump.

HOWEVER I have heard that a -6AN will thread into the factory feed line without leaking but wanted to ask if that is true before attempting it. If that is the case then I could just use a male -6AN to 1/4 hose barb and be done with it. If anyone knows or has another way to connect it please let me know. Thanks.

I know people do this all the time. Anyone have input on how they did theirs so I don't have to guess when I order fittings online?

Last edited by a moderator:
male -6AN to 1/4 hose barb should work. I think the one coming off the fuel pump hanger you'd want a female to hose barb.. I used aftermarket fuel line -an6 fittings on the factory lines. The factory stuff is an-6 I also use thread compound from ace hardware (fuel rated) on my -an threads because sometimes they dribble if I don't. Make sure you get the proper -6an fitting style, I was sold an improper one from a local place (it had an internal cut at different degrees than standard fuel application)

So if you put what you get together and it wont seal it may have the other internal cut - it took me some frustration to figure out what the hell was going on with the first one I tired.

Make sure you get the proper -6an fitting style, I was sold an improper one from a local place (it had an internal cut at different degrees than standard fuel application)

AN fitting have a 37° flare angle.

SAE 45° fitting, have a 45° flare angle. just about any fitting you buy from a hardware store will be this kind.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back