The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

How to test a brake proportioning valve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calan

DSM Wiseman
Jan 16, 2007
OKC, Oklahoma
I've completely dismantled my braking system during my rebuild (brake lines, booster, master cylinder, proportioning valve, front calipers, etc.), and cleaned all the lines and valve. The booster and master are new, and I'll be replacing the lower rubber factory lines with some coated stainless ones.

Needless to say, there hasn't been an ounce of fluid anywhere except what's caught in the hardlines going from the firewall to the rear wheels (which still have the calipers and lines attached) for several months now.

So anyway...before I add new fluid and set about bleeding the sytem, is there a way to test my proportioning valve and make sure it isn't stuck and is working properly? If it needs to be replaced, I'd much rather do it while everything is dry and the motor is still out.

I'm also wondering how critical it is to bench bleed the master, if I use one of those vacuum/pump bleeders. It seems as though I should be able to pull (or push) fluid through the entire system with one of those.

(Does the factory bench bleed the master and PV before assembly? hmmmm)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back