The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

How To Resize Photos Using MS Paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A lot of people have complained about not being able to upload photos due to the error they get about the photo being "too large for the server to process". Here's how you fix that using microsoft paint.

1. Import photos and put them on your Desktop in the order you want to upload them (this makes finding the right ones easier, later. Put them in a spot away from other icons. I put mine in the middle of the screen.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

2. There is a 2MB limit for uploading photos. We want to make sure we stay just under that so we can upload it in the highest quality possible. Depending on the photo, I like to shoot for anywhere from 1.5MB-1.95MB in size. Here is how you check size. Right click a photo, and click on properties.

3. You should see a box like this box come up. Take notice of the part boxed in red. It is over 2MB and requires cropping and/or resizing.

4. Right click again on the photo and roll over "Open With..." and select "Paint".

5. Your photo will now open in the program. You will want to crop your photo to show only the main things you are trying to point out. Click "Select", and make a box around the part you want to crop. Click crop. Then click the save icon (purple floppy disk) which I boxed in black. Check the size of the photo by right clicking on it and clicking properties, as demonstrated earlier.

6. If you are still over the 2MB limit, you can resize the photo. Right click the photo and open it in paint. Click "Resize", located just under "Crop". Most photos will be around the 3MB-4MB range. If you are closer to 4MB, I would start with putting 80 in the box I have boxed in red. Closer to 3MB, and I'd start with 90. You don't need to worry about anything else as long as the box "Maintain Aspect Ratio" has a check in it. Simply input the number and press enter, or click "Ok". It will fill in the other number correctly.

7. Check size and resize again if necessary. If you are under 2MB, you may upload the photo. Keep in mind when you resize, you are resizing the photo you saved, NOT the original photo. In other words, if you click "Resize", put 90 in the box, save, re-open photo, click resize, and put 90 in the box again, this is equal to putting 80 in the box the first time.

Hope this helps :)

:talon::dsm::laser:

BONUS: For those of you who read this that are a little more tech savvy, you can try using this website: http://www.imageoptimizer.net/Pages/Home.aspx (recommended by @2geclipse565 )
Its pretty self explanatory. You just need to make sure you resize the photo in the correct aspect ratio IF you choose to change the height and width. Its also good if you quickly need to resize something and upload it. Just choose your file, click optimize now, and download the image.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back