The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G How do I replace the idle air control valve?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I did it today. It's easy. The easiest way to do it is take out the battery. The bolts holding it in can be taken out by phillips head screwdriver. I suggest you use a socket though. I believe its like 5/32. It's cake to replace, just the price of it that sucks. Good luck.

Just get a used one from Ebay, that's where I got mine for like $40 and it came with the O-ring/bolts. And there are 2 8mm head bolts holding it in place and like someone said above it's easier to do with the battery out.

Is it true when you replace the idle air control that you have to go to the dealer for them to hood it up and perform a idle air learn on the car since it is a new piece to make it idle right?

It might be because the new one I put in today is acting a lil messed up. I tried adjusting my BISS but it didn't really work. At least it isn't surging.

Is it true when you replace the idle air control that you have to go to the dealer for them to hood it up and perform a idle air learn on the car since it is a new piece to make it idle right?

Huh?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you asking if the dealer has to install the ISC? If that's what you're asking then no, but most people just simply reset the ECU by removing one of the battery cables and reinstalling it after you're done.

Huh?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Are you asking if the dealer has to install the ISC? If that's what you're asking then no, but most people just simply reset the ECU by removing one of the battery cables and reinstalling it after you're done.

Nah hes talking about having it synced by the dealership. I know you have to do that to put in a new crank/cam sensor.

Yea I donno I have replaced my IAC two times with new ones and it still has a retarted idle. Does anyboy know what my problem is?

That's the way I am describing mine now, retarded. I bumped the rev limiter/fuel cut hard today, I have been turning up the boost and trying to get the most out of this 14b. Ever since the POS doesn't want to idle when first started. Then in the span of 5min the thing idles like it wants to die about 650rpms but doesn't, idle surges fro about 1K to 1500 rpm, then drops to about 750 to 900 or so, then repeat. It does it driving or not, plus it seems to be hesitatng just slightly all the way up to 4K rpm the runs great to redline. The damn thing was running fine yesterday. Oh yeah, I do have fuel control via HKS and I richened it a little towards the top end every time I turned it up.
My car may be trying to tell me I am RETARDED because I don't have a logger. But it has been running great, I'm old and poor so I tune old school, exh temps, plugs, listening, feeling.
HELP

first off I got my iac from a hyundai elentra with the 2.0l and it worked great ,no going to dealer or anything like that ,for your idling issue I would tell you to try another ecu ,that is what happehed to mine ,changed ecu and fixed problem

What if you unplug the IAC and nothing happens?? One other thing, I've been disconnecting my battery if it's going to be more then a few hours off, my MPI relay is bad and I have to order one. Is this going to F'up my computer? I've been doing this for about a month.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back