The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

How to remove valves with out a spring compressor

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I hope this help alot of people out its an old family trick. Many of you might already know it or not but here we go.

What You Will Need

9/16 or 5/8 socket
Long extension 3/8 no 1/4 stuff
Rag
A good sledge no less then 2lbs perferred
small magnet

How to get them off

First take you extension and place it in the socket like normal then take a chunk of your rag and stuff it inside the socket i would was use a piece no larger then a poker chip. After you have the rag stuffed into the socket grab your sledge or any good hammer place the tool you just made on the top of the valve spring and give it a good whack make sure u are holding on to the tool or somethign bad is going to happen you will feel the spring kick back at you but you will be ok. You will the the spring has come off the valve now take you magnet and pick up the little lockers as i call them and putt the top and spring out. Continue this until you have them all out then place the head on its side and push the valves out . Its very simple if you have some trouble getting a valve out just tap it with the hammer and it will pop right out. I hope this is really usefull to people it has worked for me and my family for many many many years.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back