The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How to program a Keyless Remote [Merged 5-7] fob reprogram programming alarm buttons

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I ordered a keyless entry remote off ebay. I am waiting on it, but in the meantime I wanted to check it out. I took off the the panel and opened it up, but according this this link:

http://www.twingles.com/manualcd/dsmgift/

It says I should have have a little switch to program it, but I dont see this switch. Should I try the 97+ instruction on programming the remote cause I really dont want to pay the dealer $dollars to program it. Below is the pic of my keyless entry box.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I'm in the same boat as you. I haven't taken out the panel yet to check but if I do, I'll let you know how it goes.

No switch on the bottom of the big black box, to the rear of the harness plug? (look with a small mirror.)
There's some other way of getting it to take programming by fiddling with the OBDII plug, I'll post if I can find it.

OOFOMG

Lookit that page you just linked to, "Keyless programming for 97+ DSM's" bigger than life.

Cripes, you're reading web pages the way I do, but I have an excuse. I'm a dork:thumb:

Today, I used the method for the 97+ DSM and it worked! All it takes is about five minutes. There is a 16-pin harnes under the dash on the driver's side. All you do is run a wire between pin 1 and 4 with the ignition in the off position. Then turn the key to the accessory position with doors closed, then back to off position. The locks will turn on and off. Press any button on the first transmitter 3 times until the locks turn on and off. If you have a second transmitter, press any button 3 times until locks turn on and off again. Both transmitters are now programmed. Pull the jumper out and you are done! Easy as that! Just think... the crooks at the dealership wanted to charge me $57 for that!

the 97+ method worked, I got my remote today and its nice to have again. Your GS may have it, call the dealer they will tell you by your VIN if you do or don't. Thanks

Originally posted by Grn95GST
the 97+ method worked, I got my remote today and its nice to have again.

How weird. I've run across a few things in the owner's manual and the factory service manual that don't jibe with the car.

this is for a 98 GST that already has the alarm module but when i bought the car the person didnt give it to me...and i know that it has it because i had the dealership run the VIN...does anyone have a picture of this or know where i can get it for cheaper than the dealership price of $112.75???

San Rafael Mitsubishi

I bought one form them for $64.00 U.S. They are a sponsor for this site which is also a good thing.

Yipes. Much as I like to support our sponsors, they show up on eBay for about $15. Although much of the lettering will probably have already rubbed off, like it does after a month in a pocket with a key.
Many remotes will work, you program the car to learn the remote's signal. The Eclipse/Talon/Laser is supposed to be soap-bar shaped (like the cars), but the squarish ones for the later cars will also work.

Anyone know where to get a new keyless entry transmitter for a 97 GS-T? The one that came with my car does not work. I tried ebay, but none for a 97. Dont really want to go to the dealer for it, but I will if I have to. Thanks for any help.

Luke

Don't concern yourself with the year, any of them will work. You program the car to learn the fob's code. So long as it's a Chrysler or Mits, you should be fine.

This one is a match for original:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33723&item=2437488338

If you get one for a Talon, they have no Panic button. However, they _do_ have the contact pad and circuitry for it (go figure).

To program:

http://members.aol.com/SilverSebring/program.pdf

For any remote (but still expensive)

http://www.keylessride.com/

Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here it goes...When I bought my car a year ago, the dude gave me 4 keyless entry remotes. There were so many because the part that slips onto the keyring was broken on all but one. The other day, I lost the only good one, so I tried out the extras I had and none of them work. My question is, is there any way to program them, or get them to work? Thanks for any help.
Ryan

Originally posted by boosted95
Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but here it goes...When I bought my car a year ago, the dude gave me 4 keyless entry remotes. There were so many because the part that slips onto the keyring was broken on all but one. The other day, I lost the only good one, so I tried out the extras I had and none of them work. My question is, is there any way to program them, or get them to work? Thanks for any help.
Ryan

yeah, is it the stock keyless entry remote from mitsu?

If that method doesnt work, which it didnt for me. Use this method:

Keyless programming for 97+ DSM's
To reprogram your keyless entry system for a new key fob:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector (black 16-pin connector under dash driver's side). Pin 4 of this connector is a ground, so placing a jumper wire between pins 1 & 4 will accomplish this. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are getting ready to reprogram it.
3) Close all the doors.
4) Turn the key to ACC, then back to OFF. The power locks will lock/unlock. The system is now ready to be programmed.
5) Press a button on your key fob.
6) If you have two key fobs, press a button on the second fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the first one. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have one remote, press a button on it 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
7) The doors will lock/unlock to signal that the codes were received.
8) Remove the connection between pins 1 & 4.

Originally posted by Grn95GST
If that method doesnt work, which it didnt for me. Use this method:
I think you wrote it better. 1 press sends the signal to the car, 2 more tells it you're done. To set up two fobs, you press a button on each to get the info into the controller.

:thumb:

Yeah I lost my keyless Entry, and I was wondering of you could got to the Dealer and order a new one? 1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back