The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

How to install AN fittings on braided hose

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Many sites show fittings but nothing for our forum so might aswel document something here.

Firstly different fittings require different torque (of course you cannot use a torque wrench because it wont fit) so use the advise as a guide.

I just installed 2 brands and both are different. Fragola said hand tight and 1/4 turn! Bht i found this was still loose so i did it up my way and used a spacer by the head and went upto that, everytbing worked out well and most of the time its about feeling it to get it right,

Main tools to have are,
Alloy vice clamps.
Some type of lube for the threads.
An wrenches or taped up wrench but might still go through the tape and scratch.
Masking take
A vise.
A cutting tool either 1mm disc on a grinder or 32 tooth blade saw,

I bought a kit called koul tools as it really does help getting the hose in very easy and fast, i got the middle kit with 6-8-10 blocks, using this tool gets the hose seated in about 1-5 seconds! Its that easy and the tool is amazing to use.

First you want to cut the hose to length and use tape where you will be cutting, cut in the middle of said tape to keep the ends from freying, make sure its a clean cut as much as possible. Then remove the take you wish to insert into the fitting end.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If using a tool like koul tools then just insert end into the correct sized housing and oush and twist in the direction of the end some are left some straight or even right so make sure you note this before inserting the hose. At this point add some tape under the end of the fitting! Thjs is to help see how much the hose pushes out when you install the next part!

Then insert the other end into the clamp and dab a bit of lube on the threads to stop binding and make it much easier to wrench on. When doing this always apply pressure onto the back of the hose to stop it pushing itself out, a small amount is fine but alot is not, anywere from 1-2mm of push out should be fine and safe anymore and redo it, most of the time you will get 1mm or less if you keep pressure applied when screwing it on.

At this point see how it threads on and adjust the end gap to suit, do all the same to make it equal.

After all this you can remove the tape below the fitting and thats 1 done! Now to do the rest!

Note, smaller fittings tend to be a bit easier then bigger ones. Just take your time and go by feel, if you are stuck or nervous reffer to any videos or ask a friend for some assistance.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back