The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

How to fix Rod knock

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mha5055

Probationary Member
Mar 15, 2010
erie, Pennsylvania
About a week ago my car started making this noise, and after some reseaching i found out it was rod knock, i took my oil pan off and found metal shavings in it. So i was wondering how the hell to fix this??

I'm not trying to be an ass by any means, but judging from your question you're in way over your head, please do not attempt to do this overhaul alone. Have a friend who has done a rebuild before help you or have the machine shop build your short block for you. I use to work in a machine shop when I was younger and the guy would sometimes let someone come in and watch the assembly process if we were not to busy and the person wanted to learn. I just dont want to see you attempt this rebuild and then do something wrong and waste 1200 bucks worth of machine work and parts just because you missed something while rebuilding your engine. We all had to learn somewhere and to learn by trial and error on something like this can get real expensive fast. :thumb:

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back