The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

How -to fix plastic window switch bezel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

so I thought I would like to add something that may be useful to DIY budget DSM'ers out there!

Remove your door panel by unscrewing the 4 large phillips heads and the small screw behind the door switch. note there is also a screw in the hand cup area of the door. BUT......

If your like me you won't have to remove this screw because the plastic has broken all around it. Here is a picture of what mine looked like.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I thought I would get creative so I rummaged around my spare parts bin and found 2 identical plastic washers from a EVO 9 Rallyarmour mudflap kit I bought a while back.

As you can see here the size of the washer is just about to the K-T boundary where all dinoz went extinct.

If that make no sense here is the size of the washer in CM

take the screw out and pinch the plastic washer into place

Put the screw back in while pinching the washer down.

here is what the final product looks like. The door shuts much more solid and does not rattle and make that typical DSM "plasticy" door crunch sound when you grab the handle now.

This is a simple how to and shouldn't take much longer than a hour or so(removing and installing door panels), Also while you have the door panels out you might as well replace the door clips too for a perfect solid door, like the factory finish.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back